What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Documents To Go

Montereybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have DTG. How do I open a word doc that is an attachment in an email (I use Yahoo Mail on my iPad)?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you using the Mail app with a Yahoo mail account setup, or are you using Yahoo Mail on the web through the Safari browser?

If you are using the Mail app then look at the attachment. If it is bordered by a dotted line then it is not downloaded yet. Just tap on it and wait for the download. Once it is downloaded it will be bordered by a solid line. Tap and hold on the attachment until you see a menu. If it doesn't offer you the ability to open it in Doc2Go in the menu one of the other items should be Open In... tap that and you should see Documents to Go listed.

I'm not sure you can get the attachment using the web mail client. I'll do a little experimenting and get back to you on that.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Using the tablet version of Yahoo Mail's web client: for .doc files (newer formats may not work) you can tap on the document and it will open in Safari. If you tap in the center of the screen you will get some menu items at the top. On the right you should see an Open In (some app) and Open In. You can tap on these to open the document in a compatible app like Documents to Go.

This will probably work with many common formats, but Safari does not recognize all extensions, and the ones it does not recognize will probably not work this way.

Most reactions

Latest posts