What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Documents to go? Pagely?

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Documents to Go is an excellent application suite. Not perfect because no MS Office emulation is but it's well worth the purchase price.

I'm not familiar with "Pagely." If you meant "Pages," it's a reduced function version of Apple's word processing application for the Mac. And while it reads MS Word documents, that is not its primary function. I've never used Pages but my impression is that it's a relatively simple word processing package with its "sizzle" lying mainly in the ability to combine words and images in an attractive manner.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Re either worth the money?

Well from your thread title, I'm assuming that you mean Pages, which is part of Apple's iWorks (i.e. Pages, Numbers, & Keynote) - correct?

First, you really must tell us what your needs are? These Apple apps are quite inexpensive, so the main issue is whether one or several will satisfy your requirements?

Second, check out the second post of the thread HERE - there are links to some excellent comparison comments on these various 'office' type apps.

Finally, I have iWorks on my iPad2 - Pages is a Word simulator but w/ much more limited features, so again you need to give us more information as to what you are after in a word processor (or other) program(s). Looking forward to hearing from you - :)

OP
mhaskell

mhaskell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys - very helpful. I guess I rushed through that post :).

My apologies - I did mean "pages." I think my question regarding that app was answered. For now, I have a PC. If this is primarily a MAC app, it won't be best for me.

As to the rest, I am making a serious attempt at using the iPad for most everything. I use online storage, and don't require major processing power for daily tasks. However, while GoodReader and Evernote are great, I feel like I keep adding apps so that I can string them together to do some basic word processing, attaching, emailing and uploading.

I'm not sure whether docs to go reduces this or not. As for reading, GoodReader does fine. I don't need a Microsoft based app just for that.

I'm basically trying to integrate GTD into everything and reduce wasteful steps.

Thanks again.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you've diagnosed your problem and your effort rather well. The bottom line is that you'll have to "string together" a set of apps to meet your requirements. That realization exposes both the strengths and weaknesses of the iPad. As may old daddy used to say, "When you see dogs dancing, you don't ask how well they do it. It's amazing that they do it at all."

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Quick Office Pro HD is on sale right now for like $12 bucks. It's usually $20 so that's one worth looking at too. All of the office apps seem to have some key strengths and weaknesses that each buyer will have to sort through and decide what they must have and what they can live without. I'm having a hard time figuring out which one to get. Every time I talk myself into one I never go through with it because I worry that it's not the right one for me. One of these days..... One of these days..... :)

CureMS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use MS Office 2010 and the problem with QuickOffice is that it says it is only compatible with versions to 2008. Based on the reviews I chose to go with Pages. So far, so good.

Last edited:

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
CureMS said:
I use MS Office 2010 and the problem with QuickOffice is that it says it is only compatible with versions to 2008. Based on the reviews I chose to go with Pages. So far, so good.

Excellent choice, Pages is a solid app. It's on my very short list as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts