What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Documents to go frustrations!!

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every time I try to load the app DOCUMENTS TO GO ... long pause with app logo on the screen and then home screen appears without successfully loading the app/program. Perhaps I get in after half dozen tries.

Any help available. Thanks

Jer

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Couple of things you can try to reset the iPad:

1) First thing you can try turning the iPad on and off: Hold down both the home and power button until you see the "Slide to Lock" button appear. Slide to lock and after a bit, the iPad will go dark (no spinning circles to be seen). Then, press and hold the power button until you see the white Apple logo appear.

2) Or, you can do a reset/reboot of the iPad: Do the above, but don't select "Slide to Lock." Keep holding the two buttons until the screen goes black and then the white Apple logo appears.

Note that it make take some time until (a) the white Apple appears or (2) the iPad homescreen comes back. Have patience ... it'll happen.

Then, after doing one or both, try opening Documents2Go. If it didn't help, let us know and we'll try something else...

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You only need to hold down the power button for the off slider.

The off slider usually shows up when you hold both down, but not always.

OP
J

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn
I was really hoping it would work, but, "no go!" I've got to get it working correctly as I depend on "DTG" for notes in my public speaking classes

Jerry

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If restarting and resetting don't work, you'll probably need to delete and reinstall the app. Make sure you have good back ups of all your Documents To Go files before doing this. Hopefully you've been doing this all along.

OP
J

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Mikel
Somehow, I knew that was going to be next. I have everything on the desktop. It is just the time involved

Jer

OP
J

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will iTunes allow an re-install over the app without first deleting it?

Like a repair in the PC software world

Jer

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No. You will need to delete it. Hold down the icon until it jiggles, and tap the X. Home button to stop the jiggles.

I wouldn't use iTunes to reinstall, unless your internet connection is really slow. Just go to the App Store on the iPad, check out the Purchased section and download it again.

Most reactions

Latest posts