What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Documents to Go, Doc HD, Pages

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think that's a function of the app but rather of the iPad.

OP
I

imdakine1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Docs to go

Thanks for the replies. The main issue I have with us not being able to easily save back in native doc or xls format is problematic. I'm assuming I can save back to google docs or other cloud computing site? Also, are we able to email from the d2g program?

The person asking about using vga and seeing d2g etc...? I don't know, but what I've been reading is that it's actually an app issue. I initially was disappointed to find out that connecting the iPad to an HDTV or projector doesn't work like a laptop with anything on the laptop screen automatically showing up etc... Netflix is a good example of an app that now allows full connection using via or composite cables. So my guess is for now it will not work, but this may change as long as the developer wants to allow it etc....

My final concern is that although d2g has been around forever it doesn't sound like they are as receptive to users as other companies.

I've decided to buy it for 11.99 since it's on sale and if it works, it'll be nice to have as an app. Wish me luck!

omro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please can you write a review? I'm really keen to get an office suite of sorts on my iPad today and would like a recommendation or warning about this app.

Thanks!

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you need to export into Office formatting, D2G is about your only choice, especially if you need Office 2007 functionality. The interface and design isn't quite as nice as the iWorks suite, but I need to export my spreadsheets back to my PC. I didn't realize they didn't export to XLS when I bought the apps the first day I had the iPad.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
d2d is far from perfect, but it is IMHO the best available. The interface is odd, and not easy to get around in. But, it really is quite powerful, and you can edit docs back and forth to your PC/Mac with ease.... especially with a supported cloud app. And for the money, heck there are games on the iPad that cost more than it does...

The perfect solution would be a version of MS Office for the iPad, with cloud support. But even if MS made one (they won't) it would be at least $50.....

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, odd to navigate for sure. I was trying to figure out how to create a new file, until I realized I had to back ALL the way out to local files under "save" and hit new file.

photogene

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have D2G in my Android smartphone and iPad. The ppt file I put in Android looks perfect but in iPad, there are many miss alignment.

I use D2G to open atttached excel file from mail. I am confusing on how to save it in iPad local file.

So far, I will not recommend my friends who use ipad to buy D2G.

Most reactions

Latest posts