1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Documents 2 Go crashes when I open a second document

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by nateccnn, Jan 7, 2011.

1. nateccnn

nateccnn iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have I screwed something up or is this just how iOS multi-tasking works?

I go into email, have a spreadsheet attachement. I click and hold on the attachment and chose Open In, Documents 2 Go. I double tap the Home button and click on email, find another email that has a Spreadsheet attachment, tap and hold the attachment and chose Open IN, Documents 2 Go. It tries to open the Docs 2 Go app again and crashes before the document loads.

I even tried closing all the open apps and tried it again. Same results every time I open the second attachement.

I suppose I could save the attachements and try opening them through Documents to Go instead of through email. But I'm hoping there's a better solution. Isn't this thing suppose to have some level of multi-tasking?

Nate
  2. epb

epb iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    The most likely reason for the crash is that it's running out of RAM - how big are these files?
  3. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    I've just tried 2 docs and works OK for me. As epb suggested, maybe the docs are too large?
  4. nateccnn

nateccnn iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It happens on any document, regardless of size. I tried it on a couple one page, simple text docs. I mean, they had some tabs at the beginning of paragraphs, but no other fancy formatting. Sounds like I may have a bad install. Is there a way to uninstall an app? Just long press and tap the X?

I also wonder...maybe I just have too many documents synced in docs to go. I have about 20 gig synced to my desktop and docs to go does take a long time to load. Maybe I need to trim that directory down.

Nate