1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Document Stuck in Print Center

Discussion in 'AirPrint' started by KY_TY, Nov 30, 2011.

1. KY_TY

KY_TY iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi – I bought a new HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-One Printer - C410a which is listed as being AirPrint compatible. I installed it on a wired connection within my home network. My iPad2 (ios5) does recognize & find this printer when I try to print something. The little notification boxes pop-up and say that the document is being prepared and then sent to the printer. However, the document never makes it to the printer and Print Center shows the document stuck in a printing status.

I have updated the firmware on my access points, but that seems to have no effect. I have three PC’s on the network with Norton 360 running, but disabling all of the firewalls has had no effect. I also reset my iPad2, with no effect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance - Tom
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    Hi Tom - welcome to the forum! :)

If not already done, turn off (or pull the plug) on the printer, wait a half minute, then power recycle it and see what happens? If of no use, please respond back and maybe others will 'chime in' w/ suggestions - I do not own an AirPrint printer so cannot help much w/ that technology - good luck!
  3. KY_TY

KY_TY iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fixed

Hi - Looks like your the man, Giradman. That seems to have resolved the problem. I also had a printing app, Printer Pro, which I had been using with other printers, so I had taken that off - again, with no effect. After unplugging the printer, leaving unplugged for about 30 seconds, then re-powering it up, all seems to be working.

Thanks for the help.. It always seems like the little, simple things cause you to chase your tail. Glad this one's over.

Best Regards - Tom
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    Great Tom! - always one of my first steps (like 'been there, done that') - :) Dave