What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Document Stuck in Print Center

KY_TY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi – I bought a new HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-One Printer - C410a which is listed as being AirPrint compatible. I installed it on a wired connection within my home network. My iPad2 (ios5) does recognize & find this printer when I try to print something. The little notification boxes pop-up and say that the document is being prepared and then sent to the printer. However, the document never makes it to the printer and Print Center shows the document stuck in a printing status.

I have updated the firmware on my access points, but that seems to have no effect. I have three PC’s on the network with Norton 360 running, but disabling all of the firewalls has had no effect. I also reset my iPad2, with no effect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance - Tom

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Tom - welcome to the forum! :)

If not already done, turn off (or pull the plug) on the printer, wait a half minute, then power recycle it and see what happens? If of no use, please respond back and maybe others will 'chime in' w/ suggestions - I do not own an AirPrint printer so cannot help much w/ that technology - good luck!

OP
K

KY_TY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fixed

Hi - Looks like your the man, Giradman. That seems to have resolved the problem. I also had a printing app, Printer Pro, which I had been using with other printers, so I had taken that off - again, with no effect. After unplugging the printer, leaving unplugged for about 30 seconds, then re-powering it up, all seems to be working.

Thanks for the help.. It always seems like the little, simple things cause you to chase your tail. Glad this one's over.

Best Regards - Tom

Most reactions