What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Document Imaging Ap

freddmc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an ap for storing documents by taking a picture of them and then putting them in separate folders. For example, taking a picture of your gas receipts creating a pdf and then storing the individual doucments in a sepated folder.
The "real" document imaging programs do input via a special scanner but I wonder if the ipad can do it via the camera. My son says he can take an image of a business receipt and e-mail it to his accountant.

Thanks.

Fred M.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use the app "Doc Scan HD - PDF Document Scanner" (free download but a $3.99 in-app purchase to get Pro version with more features).

I use it to scan and save my credit and debit card receipts. The nicest thing is that you can scan the receipt and save it to an existing PDF document in the app. That way, you don't have to constantly create new PDFs if you don't with (I use it to keep one Monty's worth of receipts). It also have integration with various online cloud storage, such as Dropbox. You can also e-mail from the app.

It works great for me and my purposes. Of course, YMMV. And, I am sure there are others - this just happens to be the one scanning app that works for me (no more paper receipts!). So, have a browse of the reviews and see what suits you.

Happy searching.

Marilyn

Most reactions