What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Document created in Pages on ipad freezes when edited in iphone. Cloud problem?

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have Pages on both my iPad and iPhone 4 and was really pleased to see all my Pages docs appear on my new iPhone as if by magic via the iCloud. However, the first time I tried to edit a document on my iPhone which I had originally created on my iPad, the document froze. I eventually had to delete it from both devices. Are documents on a device via the iCloud not editable and only available for viewing?

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jockscrap said:
I have Pages on both my iPad and iPhone 4 and was really pleased to see all my Pages docs appear on my new iPhone as if by magic via the iCloud. However, the first time I tried to edit a document on my iPhone which I had originally created on my iPad, the document froze. I eventually had to delete it from both devices. Are documents on a device via the iCloud not editable and only available for viewing?

Hi,

According to the keynote on iOS 5, you should be able to edit it without a problem.
Have you switched of and switched back on iCloud on both devices?
Have you rebooted both devices?
Does it do it to all documents, or only that one you tried?

Regards,
Chays

OP
Jockscrap

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Chays said:
Hi,

According to the keynote on iOS 5, you should be able to edit it without a problem.
Have you switched of and switched back on iCloud on both devices?
Have you rebooted both devices?
Does it do it to all documents, or only that one you tried?

Regards,
Chays

I thought it was meant to be possible but was scared off a bit by losing one of my documents; fortunately not an important one. I have since tried editing a Numbers spreadsheet and it worked fine, and came up with a message saying this doc on the iPhone and the iPad were not in sync, which one did I want to keep, which isn't a message I had seen before.

So all seems well just now. Still slightly twitchy about doing it in case the same thing happens again, but I tend to email important docs back to myself as a further back up anyway.

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jockscrap said:
I thought it was meant to be possible but was scared off a bit by losing one of my documents; fortunately not an important one. I have since tried editing a Numbers spreadsheet and it worked fine, and came up with a message saying this doc on the iPhone and the iPad were not in sync, which one did I want to keep, which isn't a message I had seen before.

So all seems well just now. Still slightly twitchy about doing it in case the same thing happens again, but I tend to email important docs back to myself as a further back up anyway.

Ok, well keep us informed if your discover or something else happens.

Regards,
~Chays~

Most reactions

Latest posts