What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Docs to go - problem with slow scrolling

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the full version of Documents to go and the problem is, when I scroll up or down in an XLS file i always get "checkerboards" even if I scroll slowly, and I have to wait 2 or 3 seconds before it dissapears and can see my information.

Guy

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the full version of Documents to go and the problem is, when I scroll up or down in an XLS file i always get "checkerboards" even if I scroll slowly, and I have to wait 2 or 3 seconds before it dissapears and can see my information.

Guy

I don't have Documents To Go, but Numbers (the Apple Excel equivalent) has the same problem....maybe it's to do with the complexity of processing the .xls files on the relatively modest iPad processor.

Tim

OP
Guy1717

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Guy

I don't have Documents To Go, but Numbers (the Apple Excel equivalent) has the same problem....maybe it's to do with the complexity of processing the .xls files on the relatively modest iPad processor.

Tim

The file I'm talking about are just titles of movies i have seen, about 500 titles, so its really a very simple file

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim is correct...it's processing time. I've noticed the same thing when using Documents To Go on my original iPad. However if I open a basic Excel file in Numbers the response is much faster. The downside is that Numbers cannot handle larger, more complex spread sheets. My WAG is DTG requires more processing activity to get the job done. I also have Office2 HD and it's a bit faster loading and updating spreadsheets than DTG as well.

DTG is a good app but if all you need to do is work with a simple list (as long as there aren't complicated formulas, etc.) Numbers is probably a better bet.

If all you need to do is view a spreadsheet (not work with it) GoodReader is a great option as well plus it's a very robust app for viewing and saving many other types of files.

Most reactions

Latest posts