What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Docs & Data

schrodinger56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I clear out the Documents & Data that are beginning to take up space on my iPad Pro 9.7?

Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How do I clear out the Documents & Data that are beginning to take up space on my iPad Pro 9.7?

Thanks
Those documents and data are associated with specific apps and you'll have to delete the apps in question to get rid of the documents and data.
Some apps are known data hogs, such as facebook. To see how much data each app is using go to Settings>General>Storage & iCloud Usage>Manage Storage and scroll down the list to check on what each one is using.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Those documents and data are associated with specific apps and you'll have to delete the apps in question to get rid of the documents and data.
Some apps are known data hogs, such as facebook. To see how much data each app is using go to Settings>General>Storage & iCloud Usage>Manage Storage and scroll down the list to check on what each one is using.

Well, you could go to the apps in question and delete their content in the app. This will work for most apps that contain files, images, or other viewable content. Games and other apps that add 'extras' are an exception.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If they are apps you can sync with or use with Dropbox (or similar Cloud) you could move docs andd data there if they are important and free up some room. You can always download them again to your Ipad if you feel the need. This is, of course, if I'm understanding your need.

Most reactions