What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

doc viewer with search for dropbox?

danx55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys

am using dropbox and although the stock app views my word docs ok,
there isnt a search function.

anyone know of a good app that has this?

thanks
dan

Reaction score
The standard Dropbox app does have a search function, which is located at dropbox folder overview at the top, it even appears when browsing through folders. The search is always at the top of the file/folder overview. I feel like we are talking about different apps here :confused:

Reaction score
Edit:

When opening Dropbox, this is how it looks like and it shows the search function on the top left corner. Perhaps you just haven't scrolled to the top of the file/folder overview?

Attachments

• image-591341434.png
    image-591341434.png
    159.9 KB · Views: 534
OP
D

danx55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The standard Dropbox app does have a search function, which is located at dropbox folder overview at the top, it even appears when browsing through folders. The search is always at the top of the file/folder overview. I feel like we are talking about different apps here :confused:

hi
yes i have tried that but i think it only searches for file names and i need to search through the docs themselves

cheers
dan

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Office2 HD doesn't seem have a dropbox integration though.

hmz, according to the description, it supports MobileMe iDisk, google docs and dropbox

OP
D

danx55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mmm ok. ive just mailed them about that.
i need it to take over from the stock app nicely
cheers
dan

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
If office2 hd that let's the user search through dropbox documents, than I have not said anything. ;)

if it doesn't, buy it, then complain and get a refund... free app.... *cough* lol

OP
D

danx55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all

went for office hd in the end - seems to be pretty good - has in doc search but not dropbox search - does link in with dropbox well

cheers
dan

jimbofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a new app that might really help you called TopicLogic. It auto-tags all your data in dropbox and makes it accessible in topic groups and hierarchies on your iPhone or iPad.

I use it and I am able to find and view documents so easily now!

Most reactions

Latest posts