What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doc Editor with Handwriting Recognition

steven77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

New to the ipad and looking for an app that will let me import documents, edit them with use of a stylus pen. Say I want to build an inspection sheet with questions in each field and I save it to Itunes in my laptop. Is there an app that will let me import that from the laptop into the ipad and then write the answers to the questions in the document using a stylus pen? Thanks very much for any help.

hapishap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can do this in a couple of ways. Goodreader will allow you to open a PDF and then you can use the "annotate" feature to write in answers and then just email it to your laptop. Or you could could use Note Taker HD to do the same thing. NT HD has a great little feature that allows you to import a jpg and use that image as a paper template. Then you just write in the appropriate area and again email to your laptop.

I would recommend having both programs anyway. Goodreader is not just a great doc reader (pdf, txt,etc, etc) but it allows offers the closest thing you can get on the ipad to having a unified file system. It's a great thing to have. And Notetaker HD is quite good for taking hand written notes.

So get yourself a couple of new apps and your good to go.

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm with the OP. My professor uses doc files for notes that he expects us to print and edit by hand in class. I'm looking for something like GoodReader, NoteTaker HD, etc that can annotate doc files as well.

Can anyone weigh in with a solution to this?

hapishap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look for an app called "Handy Sign" I believe it will do what you are looking for (and it's only $ 1.99).

Although, I would still recommend Goodreader to have in your devise (for all the great things it does)

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm with the OP. My professor uses doc files for notes that he expects us to print and edit by hand in class. I'm looking for something like GoodReader, NoteTaker HD, etc that can annotate doc files as well.

Can anyone weigh in with a solution to this?

Look for an app called "Handy Sign" I believe it will do what you are looking for (and it's only $ 1.99).

Although, I would still recommend Goodreader to have in your devise (for all the great things it does)

I'm looking for a DOC file annotator. Handy Sign is another PDF annotator. Thanks for the reply.

Does anyone know of a DOC file annotator? I would really like to use one for editing DOC files my professors use for class. Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know of one, but it occuers to me that if you normally have to print them out anyway, does it really matter if you have to convert them to PDF? It isn't like he is expecting you to mail the doc file back to him.

You've probably considered this, but I figured I'd mention it, just incase.

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah, so far that is my solution. just convert them to PDFs.

just lookin for one less step. But yeah, i agree.

Most reactions

Latest posts