What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you think the smart cover is the best case for ipad 2?

gaylawilson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely not. I've had mine for a week and am returning it today. It is more trouble than it is worth. Folding it to use as a stand etc just doesn't work as advertised. It flops all over the place. Very disappointed.

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, i have a third party leather case, folds like the apple smart case, so it can stand in 2 ways, opens and closes the ipad when opening and closing the lid, but unlike the smart case, offers full all round protection

takeshi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you think the smart cover is the best case for ipad 2?
Keep in mind that best is always highly subjective no matter what the topic. The Smart Cover looked like a good idea and I even had one on order when I originally ordered my iPad2. However, I returned it after owning the iPad2 for a few days as the aluminum would get very cold with the AC cranked down like we typically have it during the summers down here. That and I wanted a case that protected the back. I opted for Saddleback Leather's case and I'm very happy with it.

Obviously, YMMV if your needs/wants vary. For some, the Smart Cover is best. For other's it's not.

Spanamana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Must admit I've found the cover very successful. Bought it brand new off ebay and saved £15. Then bought a transparent gel cover for the back for £7, again of eBay.

The combination of the two offers the level of protection I'm looking for for.

Djdan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had smart cover and TPU back cover from EBay. Nice combo and worked well enough. But I really missed the "lay the iPad on your chest and watch movies in bed" benefit of a full folio style case. For the smart cover and back piece from eBay I spent $53. For a paltry $29.99, I picked up the incipio premium kickstand and it rocks. Folio style, magnetic on/off, the iPad even slides in and out of the case crazy easy, so whenever I want that slim feel (heavy game playing time) I can slide it right out with no problems! Highly recommend this case.

ipadlover29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to get the black leather smart cover for $35 so the price is not an issue for me. I just use it at home. When im out then i use my switch easy canvas. I do wish the smart cover protected the back also. Im probably gonna get something like the switch easy cover buddy for the back.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spanamana said:
Must admit I've found the cover very successful. Bought it brand new off ebay and saved £15. Then bought a transparent gel cover for the back for £7, again of eBay.

The combination of the two offers the level of protection I'm looking for for.

Done much the same thing (except paid shop marked up prices) and have a gel screen cover, very happy with the level of protection also.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Petdr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered a white iPad2 and I really wanted the product red leather smart cover, but one of the reviews said the red color rubbed off and stained the white. Has anyone else experienced this? My iPad won't arrive for a few weeks, but i'm researching cases so that I'll know which one I want to purchase by the time it arrives.

ipadma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My kids gave me a white iPad 2 for my birthday with the red cover. They also gave me the zagging screen protector and I have had no bleed through issues. I like the cover for daily use and just got a sleeve for travel protection.

ipadfreak69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iKIKO said:
I think it is. im diggin it a lot.

My setup is the blue smart cover, and the back wrapsol, then i dont have to worry about the back scratches, and mantain the slim profile that indeed i love.

Here some pics

I was concerned about the back with the smart cover, this is what made me decide against it, originally.
Didn't know about the wrapsol!

It's a very nice front cover, I like the idea of the smart cover shutting off the iPad when open or closed, but it just wasn't enough to sway me. I'm glad all that invested in it are happy with it though. That is all that matters.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

lily5890

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I'm not really like it, no protection for back, rather to get other cover that protect front & back

Reader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the blue iPad cover and returned it for full refund after I bought a black "leather" full cover by Targus at Best Buy. It covers the whole iPad and I can actually see that it is white before you turn it on. I want my iPad fully covered.:) This cover was .99 more a great buy at $39.99.

Last edited:

Most reactions