What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you see people out and about with their ipads or tablets?

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pretty much everyone carries a mobile phone with them these days, but I was wondering if you've been seeing people using the ipad (or some other tablet device) outside of their homes. I must admit I rarely see people using one outside, parks or in cafes. Its still mostly the mobile phone.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends where you frequent. I see them in big cities on both coasts, and in big cities in Asia, but those are the places I spend the most time. I see them at airports and on planes. I see them at work all the time.

I took a 13-hour flight next to two really well-behaved young kids, who were very good about sharing their iPad. That was a real pleasure to see -- two well-behaved kids sharing, lol.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I travel the globe frequently, and iPads are everywhere. I rarely see anything else, though the occasional Kindle pops up.

Airport screeners ask about laptops, cellphones and iPads now as well...

Hiarcs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spain is full of iPads, and so do other countries.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends on what type of people you are around. Most construction workers will be more likely to use a iPhone because of size and storage. Students and office people are likely to have an iPad, but not all occasions will dictate it being carried.

Valkrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just flew back from Manchester UK to Spain 2.5 hour flight. In the 3 seats I was in and the 3 in the row behind there were a total of 4 iPads, I was the only adult with one the other 3 were children. In the row in front there were 2 children with iPod touches playing games. So in my recent experience yes there are a lot being used away from the house.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must admit I rarely see people using one outside, parks or in cafes. Its still mostly the mobile phone.

Stopped at a suburban cafe in Melbourne on Friday morning for a coffee and was sitting there replying to some emails along with another guy who appeared to be doing the same thing. At a table next to me there were two late 20's women each with a kid about 18 months old in a high chair. BOTH pulled out iPads and plonked them on the table in front of the kids with the iPads seeming to be running some sort of kids video.

IPads just keep the kids quiet while Mum chats. :D

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My daughter says she sees them all over Sac State. She just brought home a flyer from the bookstore there ~ they are on sale! Kinda expensive for a college student!

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Australia there are a couple of schools who are experimenting with them instead of text books.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Only one time thus far. I bet a lot of people have them but we just don't see them. I've had mine with me at a few places but didn't necessarily have it out. I do look though - it's cool to see other iPad users!

mrsterrijane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I carry mine everywhere but usually dont take it out unless im waiting or at a coffee shop. ive run into a few people with their ipads. it usually opens up a conversation...how do you like it etc.

Dantana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use this for business so therefore take it globally..... Seeing more IPads and now the 2 should improve. But it's not a phone.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very rarely will I see another iPad user.
I of course take mine everywhere. At least until I get a 4s.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see more ipads on the tube (london under ground) then laptops, and always on weekdays. At work i see more laptops from the pharma reps, although i have seen 3 pharma reps with ipads 1&2

RIP Steve Jobs 

Most reactions

Latest posts