What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you regret jailbreaking your iPad?

CaseShop.se

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.caseshop.se
Don´t do it man! I did that with my iphone and I still regrett it. I lost my warrenty jail breaking the phone. I´m definitely not trying that on my ipad!

KILLERkpd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No regrets from me. It is simply a matter of having more resources available for my iPad. App Store or Cydia, I have more choices this way.

I have had no ill effects from JBing it, so the risk was worth the gain.

And it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy to do.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The other thing to consider is this constant battle between keeping the latest iOS on your iPad and being jailbroken. I am presently downloading the 3.2.2 update for my iPad and if I was jailbroken, this would wipe it out and I would have to wait until the next jailbreak became available. Of course there is nothing that says I have to keep applying Apple's software updates as long as my iPad is working to my satisfaction... and presently it is.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The other thing to consider is this constant battle between keeping the latest iOS on your iPad and being jailbroken. I am presently downloading the 3.2.2 update for my iPad and if I was jailbroken, this would wipe it out and I would have to wait until the next jailbreak became available. Of course there is nothing that says I have to keep applying Apple's software updates as long as my iPad is working to my satisfaction... and presently it is.

And, besides breaking the latest jailbreak what does 3.2.2 do for you? Any new features?

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

And, besides breaking the latest jailbreak what does 3.2.2 do for you? Any new features?

Funny, I thought that it was a patch to fix a security issue while jailbreaking?:confused:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Funny, I thought that it was a patch to fix a security issue while jailbreaking?:confused:

There was a security patch available for the PDF hole before apple released one.

Last edited:

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score

There was a security patch available for the PDF hole before apple released one.

There was no Apple security patch available until firmware 3.2.2.

What we did have was a jailbreak PDF warning application that you could install over the jailbreak that would give you a popup window to remind you of the PDF exploit so that you would have a chance to reconsider the PDF you were about to view in a URL or download.

The only thing that 3.2.2 does is remove the PDF exploit. Since they deliver the entire firmware every time there is a change, then it will remove your jailbreak, and since the jailbreak is based on the PDF exploit, it will not be possible to re-jailbreak using the popular method of jailbreakme.com.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am presently downloading the 3.2.2 update for my iPad and if I was jailbroken, this would wipe it out and I would have to wait until the next jailbreak became available.

."..if you were jailbroken, this would wipe it out." It would wipe out the update?

I updated, and I don't really see a difference. Are we suppose to?

Most reactions