What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you password lock your Ipad

Lagranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. (Another I.T. guy)

I'm using the 4-digit PIN to provide at least a basic level of resistance if the device is stolen or lost. With friends or family I make no attempt to keep the PIN a secret (if I don't know or trust the person, I wouldn't let them use the tablet in begin with), it's just to put up a block if a stranger tries to access it. I also have the device set to auto-wipe after 10 failed passcode attempts.

In my case, it's not so much that there's sensitive documents on the device, it's that I use a lot of remote access apps to connect to the systems I administer and many of these apps are configured with auto-login credentials. So the PIN is really to reduce the risk to my systems vs the onboard data or even the device itself.

So I think when considering to lock the iPad, the key is to identify the risk and what you are trying to protect: Is the device itself more important to you or the information it holds?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts