What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you own a iphone and an ipad?

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
currently have both iphone and ipad but would like to add an itouch as well but really want to upgrade from the 1st ipad to the 2nd gen

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have and love my iPad 2, since last April. My data plan is with Verizon, $20/month (grandfathered) for 1GB; in a normal month I use about half of that. I pretty much carry my iPad with me everywhere in a tote bag where it fits nicely.

My non-Apple cell phone plan runs out next week. I would really like to upgrade to an iPhone. However, I would have to get a 2GB data plan for the iPhone from Verizon at $30/month. This in addition to the iPad data plan. I expect to use very little data on the iPhone, since I get my data via the iPad. With my old phone, I have a minimal Data plan for $2/month of which I use very little. I will have to think this over some more...really don't want to pay $50/month for the two devices together. Maybe they will eventually allow you to have a combined data plan if you own both devices.....

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

iphone 5 prob between oct 5-15th, wait for that one....
i have an ipad2 3g, and an iphone 4 with 6GB of data plan, and i can place my ip4 sim into iPad and use the data.....only thing is, i would prob have missed voice calls and text messages once sim is in the iPad 2, and the fact i don't carry the iPad outdoors for internet access, but i do carry the iPad outdoors, but i rely on wifi, because its better. Also because my iphone is jailbroken, i can tether my data plan, but i don't even bother.

the iPad 1 3G(jailbroken), when purchase of a certain tweak(app), will allow voice calls, just like an iphone.....which would make sense to insert my iphone sim to use the data and not miss any calls, but i only have ipad1 wifi only(no 3G), and no update for iPad 2 integration for that tweak yet, as my iPad 2 is jailbroken too, and i am waiting for the tweak to support it.
iPhoneIslam-PhoneItiPad-ipad-to-phone.jpeg

Last edited:

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wow thats a nice app. i remember a while ago, in the states, that people were using ipad 3g's to activate the at&t unlimited data plan for i think 30 bucks a month. and then they would put that sim into an iphone 4, tweak some settings and be able to use that sim in the iphone. and then i guess they downloaded those apps which you use over internet for calling and texting. so they basically got unlimited everything for 30 bucks a month. i tried doing it recently but it didnt work so i guess they caught on.

Vlammetje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, i have a non-Apple phone that I am very pleased with. And then I have the iPad. Each have their own dataplan, but the one for the iPad is not what I want and will be changed shortly, whennI find an offer more suited to y needs.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts