What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you need an internet connection to watch rented movies on ipad?

Zoie1luv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought an ipad2, mainly for traveling purposes. It's only 16gb so I want to be careful what I download. I've seen on itunes that you can actually rent movies....do you need to have an internet conneciton to watch the rented movies?

Thank you!

OP
Z

Zoie1luv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much!!! And then they just disappear once the rental period is over? Is itunes the best place to rent??

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You have 30 days to start watching them. Once you start the movie you have 48 hours to finish. At the end of either time limit they remove themselves from whatever device they are on.

I have no experience with other rentals. There are other, cheaper options, but none that I know of that offer offline viewing.

silvertemplar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe it is 24hrs after you press play before expiry for itunes rentals, my last rental was anyway. Luckily itunes make it very clear when the timer starts and give various warnings before you start watching.

---

- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
silvertemplar said:
I believe it is 24hrs after you press play before expiry for itunes rentals, my last rental was anyway. Luckily itunes make it very clear when the timer starts and give various warnings before you start watching.

---

I'm not sure about movies, but the TV episodes I've been renting this last couple weeks were 48 hours.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can scroll back and forth in them just like any other movie on the iPad, or watch them as many times as you like (until the time limit expires).

ziniti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HOW do I play the movie/TV rental? What app do I need? I downloaded an episode and have NO idea how to get to it. HELP, please.

alexbrew22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ziniti said:
HOW do I play the movie/TV rental? What app do I need? I downloaded an episode and have NO idea how to get to it. HELP, please.

Itunes is your best bet if you purchased the movies on your ipad... Just go to itunes and select movies or tv from the loer menu

silvertemplar

iPF Noob
Reaction score

On your ipad it will be under the video app or ipod app , not in the itunes app....no idea why it works like that.

---

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Click the video app on your home screen, you should see at the top a column of movies/rentals/tv shows

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions