What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you miss not having flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEOBAHAMUT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wondered whether many people do miss having flash on the iPad? I personally do. I wish Apple would approve of it. There are so many sites out there that actually use Flash and there are so many videos out there (other than youtube) that support it that the ipad doesn't. I like to watch BBC Sport and it would be so much better if you could watch it on the iPad rather than actually using a computer or mac.

I know that Apple are really pushing HTML5 at the moment but surely theres still a place for this "buggy" (what steve jobs called it) software.

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I sort of miss it, but it is not a show stopper for me. I have found the app "Puffin" to work just fine with several of the streaming cam sites I follow. I agree it would be nice to have Flash supported, but then I would wonder how that would effect battery time!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I often wondered about all the hoopla surrounding Flash and why many wanted it. But you know I've never had a problem in this regard so no I don't miss what I never had. Adobe has also stopped development of Flash for mobile devices so in this regard it's a moot point. HTML is the way of the future.

Have a look at this excellent Sticky by Mickey330 which explains about Flash, you will also find some alternatives here.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/54703-flash-ipad.html

You will find many many threads already here discussing Flash and for this reason we will now Close this thread.
Thank you for your understanding

.................THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts