What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you listen to music on your iPad?

Do you listen to music on your iPad?

• Yes

Votes: 136 44.2%
  • No

Votes: 80 26.0%
  • Kinda

Votes: 65 21.1%
  • Main thing I do while doing other stuff

Votes: 27 8.8%

• Total voters

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bilalo said:
I have 64 gb ipad and dan put around 10k songs wat moredo u want?

A better spell/grammar check system. Sorry, had to get that in. Only joking by the way . I listen to music on mine all the time, when not watching movies on it that is.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

Anekant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes, iPad mainly for radio statios using my Soundfreaq. iPod for all other music.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I listen to music off YouTube and radio apps, I don't sync songs from my iPod to my iPad because they would take too much space!

sportster44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still keep all of my music on Minidisc as I hate the Apple sound. I will stream music from itunes with it though if I'm looking for background music in the house.

TraumaBoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I kinda do. If it's not late at night I AirPlay my iTunes music to my stereo. If I need to be quiet I listen to it on my headphones. Music strait out of the iPad is a little bit tinny and you can't appreciate the great sounds esp loud.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wish apple put a little more effort into the music aspect of the device. It's really an area where apple can separate themselves from the wide array of android concoctions. It is widely agreed that apple has terrible sound. This is or could be an easy fix there are software options like BBE or SRS which would really make the I's outstanding devices for music and expand the market into the audiophile world. Imagine even more people buying the I's just for the sound. Heck they can develop there own sound firmware and give some artist a new life. David Hasselhoff's Apple sounds, Apple beats by Gaga., Apple sound by Hank Williams or Lil Wayne Apple sounds. best of all Apple sounds by all four; together.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish apple put a little more effort into the music aspect of the device. It's really an area where apple can separate themselves from the wide array of android concoctions. It is widely agreed that apple has terrible sound. This is or could be an easy fix there are software options like BBE or SRS which would really make the I's outstanding devices for music and expand the market into the audiophile world. Imagine even more people buying the I's just for the sound. Heck they can develop there own sound firmware and give some artist a new life. David Hasselhoff's Apple sounds, Apple beats by Gaga., Apple sound by Hank Williams or Lil Wayne Apple sounds. best of all Apple sounds by all four; together.

Audiophiles are a small segment of the music market, and are often very demanding; so demanding that there is often no economic incentive in trying to satisfy them completely. This is not to say that they should be ignored, just that companies can reasonably adapt some audiophile input for mainstream markets, but otherwise ignore them.

But I agree that Apple could do more to improve the sound in some of their devices. And yet it is interesting that there appears to be more clamor to bring retina display quality visuals to the iPad, for example, than there is in improving audio quality.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Agreed. Bottom line is the iPad is for viewing. But my point is to all the "I" products from nano to Ipad because it is well known that Apple has the best music mixing. software available. That being true it would be natural to have great music players. Also if and that is an assumption on my part the firmware code could be piggybacked with ios5 all devices would benefit. Sound (pun) simple.

cfheinz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The quality of your headset/earbuds is also a major component. I suspect that some have quality issues which are within their control. I'm satisfied with the iPad's sound quality when using my headset.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What are you working with for ear buds? I've tried my best IEMs westone Um3s an also Senn IE8s apple is o.k but the lack of good EQ'ing leave me wanting. I've read that some have added an amp and get good sound. But my original point is that this is an easy area to upgrade for apple But as with the keyboard left/right arrow missing tHere are areas that apple ignore

cfheinz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got tired of being tethered by earbuds so I got a Sony Bluetooth headset. Apparently the iPad doesn't like the Sony stack so I have to go into General Settings each time I want to use them in order to reconnect.

Most reactions

Latest posts