What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you like typing on the ipads on screen keyboard?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not anyone mentioned that iOS 5 will bring split screen keyboard, basically the keys will be closer to your reach.

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some unexplainable reason, I still find it pretty fun to type on the onscreen keyboard, even though I'm more used to touch typing. For longer documents, I have my laptop, but I don't mind using the onscreen keyboard for short comments, or when I'm too lazy to take out the laptop.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Barely better than nothing. I especially hate typing a whole paragraph without looking up only to find a mistake in the middle and having to go back and position that damn little magnifying glass just so between words or letters. Aaaarrrrgggg!!!

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like it. Perfect spacing for my two finger typing method.

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Using keyboard in landscape mode makes typing very easy and I type for a living!

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't like it at all! I'm not the prolific emailer I used to be, as I'm now too lazy to get up to use my laptop.

tamise17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm ok typing on my iPad screen, but then I don't often type long pieces.
I like the tip that using the iPad in landscape makes it easier, will try that.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really wish I could get a swype keyboard for it. Amazing on my android phone.

cesctheman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do like typing on my iPad 2 just want to try some apps for more keyboard options or apple to supply more.

Jay Marvin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find the keyboard to be a bit to sensitive and still can understand why the keyboard drops down without warning. Yes, I'm careful about the palm of my right palm.

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate autocorrect which the Bluetooth keyboard doesn't do

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

larjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded Fastkeyboard. It has the extended keyboard so that you don't have to go back and forth between keyboards. Like Tim I have a bluetooth keyboard but can't use it all of the time.

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I type about 120 words per minute on a regular keyboard, but I find this keyboard pretty good, my only drawback or frustration is that my fingers nails are longer than usually and that stands in the way of me typing faster not the keyboard itself.

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't mind using it. I have thin fingers so it's pretty easy for me. My husband on the other hand welllllll fooorgetboutit.

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I type about 120 words per minute on a regular keyboard, but I find this keyboard pretty good, my only drawback or frustration is that my fingers nails are longer than usually and that stands in the way of me typing faster not the keyboard itself.

A 120 wpm? You are superwoman!!:)

Most reactions

Latest posts