What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you like typing on the ipads on screen keyboard?

Shayla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious, i like it and some people hate it
Want to know how many people like it or hate it :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dislike it and much prefer to use a Bluetooth keyboard. But sometimes there's no option - say on a plane, where there's not enough room for the iPad and keyboard.

What I really dislike is the lack of cursor keys - which is rectified by the Bluetooth keyboard.

Tim

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. I don't much care for it. I agree with Tim: the AWK is the way to go for serious keyboard work. The on-board k/b works far better than I thought it would, but it's still just a 5HP emergency outboard on a sailing yacht.

autophone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually like it because the text recognition works really well, but the typing angle hurts my neck unlike typing on laptop

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not a fan at all typing on the 'virtual' keyboard - really dislike the lack of feel of the keys.

I'll respond to e-mails only if I need to type a sentence or two; otherwise I use the BT Apple keyboard for more extended use. :)

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i don't mind it for short periods but i prefer typing on my mbp.

Bimjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's ok if I remember to only use a couple of fingers. It gets really messy if I forget and try to use them all. Oh, wait, that's a problem regardless of which keyboard I'm using. :p

The onscreen keyboard is ok for short replies to emails, filling online forms or quick notes. Anything beyond that and I'm wishing that I had a regular keyboard.

Veritas4420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
works for emails,forums and chatting but i could never type a paper or anything like that on it. i need to invest in a btk i guess.

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not so much I guess a blogger or other activities is better having a physical keyboard.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

boyzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't like it one bit tbh.It was a novelty at first but it soon wore off for me.

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't mind it - I use it for email and forums and the like, but I use my MBP for writing papers.

bikermolly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like using it for forums, emails and FB etc and it is nice and clear, but I would prefer to type properly on a real keyboard for very long documents.

cruiser51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm one of the few so far who really love it! I didn't have great expectations for the virtual keyboard when I bought my iPad but I must say, I'm really surprised how good it is, no matter how long the document I'm writing. Ah, nearly forgot - I use it almost exclusively in landscape position. THIS makes all the difference IMO. I see no need whatsoever to go to the additional expense of a Bluetooth keyboard.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts