What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you find yourself throwing iPad parties?

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just about everyone we know has an iPad now. The last 5 get-togethers with friends and family have inadvertently turned into iPad user groups. We play games, discuss tips and tricks, and review apps we have found... all unscripted. We take turns mirroring to the big screen to show examples and apps. After the presents and the cake my nephew's birthday party even turned into an iPad party.

It is almost scary how intertwined these things have become with our lives.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aside from playing Draw Something and Words with friends (both are really starting to annoy and anger me, nudge, nudge, "draw something already") not really. That is why I come here.

AmazingGraceTx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My son, iBenji, and I frequently have little sessions where we'll compare notes and even use our iPads together. That's about it.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gosh,

Hardly anyone I know has an iPad...so I have no chance of going to an iPad party. I wish I had iPad toting friends. I can't even find anyone to facetime with or to iMessage. Sad.

OP
B

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Gosh,

Hardly anyone I know has an iPad...so I have no chance of going to an iPad party. I wish I had iPad toting friends. I can't even find anyone to facetime with or to iMessage. Sad.

I hope that changes for you. Maybe you could find a way to safely meet some of the members here from your area like get a free meeting room at the Sizzler or something.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everyone I know has an iPad but we are not gamers and most of us use it for business so it's not something I would think about doing socially. It's just a great item that makes running my business easier

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
beesknees said:
Just about everyone we know has an iPad now. The last 5 get-togethers with friends and family have inadvertently turned into iPad user groups. We play games, discuss tips and tricks, and review apps we have found... all unscripted. We take turns mirroring to the big screen to show examples and apps. After the presents and the cake my nephew's birthday party even turned into an iPad party.

It is almost scary how intertwined these things have become with our lives.

Very cute!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This Forum is my iPad Party!!

However, now that my mom and nephew both have ipads--we may just have to have one ourselves! :)

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was surprised to find myself as guru at a small family group. Two very new iPadders, with iPads, and me with mine.

OP
B

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This Forum is my iPad Party!!

However, now that my mom and nephew both have ipads--we may just have to have one ourselves! :)

It might even be more fun if it were planned. I didn't even realize it was happening until this last time. I mean I knew it was happening but it didn't dawn on me how user groupish it was. My MiL was feeling really left out because she didn't bring hers. She did have questions that got answered though.

Just remember white wine goes with light iPads and red for dark iPads.

OP
B

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anna84 said:
This is such a great idea! I love red wine so it'll go nicely with my black one :D I wish I could have an iPad party!

I have always found that if I buy enough wine getting guests for a party takes care of itself.

I guess my situation is a little more unique than I thought. Hopefully in the next year or so more of you will be having impromptu table parties and we can share experiences.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I'm the only one I know who owns an iPad. Most of my mates have iPod touches (looses! :p ), which means I have a 1 man party usually :)

I'm just about to buy my wife an Archos device for her birthday. Perhaps we could then both had a mixed genda party together.

OP
B

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is just so crazy. Between family, friends, and work colleagues I easily know 40 people with iPads. Not that I would ever invite him to my house socially (he'd show up 3 days later than he says he would anyway) but even my contractor has one.

Most reactions

Latest posts