Do you believe , we are living an historical moment with the iPad ??

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by IpadOne, Mar 28, 2010.

1. iDan

iDan
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree completely but not just with the iPad. I think with the new mobile operating systems (Android, iPhone OS, Windows 7 Mobile, and even the Palm OS). We now have something that will make Tablets work with ease and user friendly.

2. DavidNM

DavidNM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    We'll have to see - mobile phones are still mobile phones - and once you hit 40 or 45 your eyesight starts to dwindle a bit - and then the tiny screens on cell phones aren't that attractive.

Tablets are still PC's in todays environment - start up times, hard drive spinning, too much heat, short battery life - ya da ya da ya da! That's what makes them so unattractive.

If you can have a 1/2 inch device that is instant on, instant app launch, with a brilliant picture and 6 hours of battery life - always connected to the internet -- AND -- if you can create a user experience that allows them to do the basics re e-mail, word processing, spread sheets and presentations - you're going to revolutionize personal and small business computing.

I know this might be stretching - but if the iPad does what I think it's going to do - this could be big.

3. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I saw the first commercial that Apple made for the launch of the first Mac, this weekend. It's this commercial theme situated in the Orwell Big Brother story, "1984".

After seeing it, mind reeling, I felt that Apple's success with media control ironically could place it in Big Brother's shoes...:p

Apple deserves its success for not folding to the norms...