What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you Believe in ghosts? Haunted Houses?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's another story from my youth.

We remodeled the kitchen in the early 1970s, which was still original from the 1900s. During this remodel the contractors had to reset the cabinets several times as they seemed to end up out of level. These were high end construction workers, real craftsmen, and should never have had these issues.

After the remodel was finished and everything was perfect, we had an incident...

In the middle of the night, I was awakened by a loud crashing sound from upstairs in the kitchen. My bedroom was in the basement, and my parents slept on the second floor. As I ran upstairs to see what had happened, I heard my father on the stairs coming down from his room.

We converged on the kitchen to find every cupboard standing open, and every drawer had been pulled out and upended, their contents scattered wall to wall across the floor.

We looked at each other and my father simply said, "Clarrisa," the name that a house guest had given the ghost several years earlier. She said the name had just come to her at night, not exactly in a dream but like someone had whispered it to her. The name stuck - right or wrong.

We quietly returned the drawers and refilled them, and closed all the cabinet doors.

We figured Clarrisa was not happy that we had changed the kitchen.... Nothing like that ever happened again, but it was very creepy at the time.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's another story from my youth.

We remodeled the kitchen in the early 1970s, which was still original from the 1900s. During this remodel the contractors had to reset the cabinets several times as they seemed to end up out of level. These were high end construction workers, real craftsmen, and should never have had these issues.

After the remodel was finished and everything was perfect, we had an incident...

In the middle of the night, I was awakened by a loud crashing sound from upstairs in the kitchen. My bedroom was in the basement, and my parents slept on the second floor. As I ran upstairs to see what had happened, I heard my father on the stairs coming down from his room.

We converged on the kitchen to find every cupboard standing open, and every drawer had been pulled out and upended, their contents scattered wall to wall across the floor.

We looked at each other and my father simply said, "Clarrisa," the name that a house guest had given the ghost several years earlier. She said the name had just come to her at night, not exactly in a dream but like someone had whispered it to her. The name stuck - right or wrong.

We quietly returned the drawers and refilled them, and closed all the cabinet doors.

We figured Clarrisa was not happy that we had changed the kitchen.... Nothing like that ever happened again, but it was very creepy at the time.
Creepy! :eek:

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As an aside . . . a favorite watering hole in SLC was ordered to change "Beer, Wine and Spirits" on the front door. So the owners changed it to "Beer, Wine and Ghosts." The liquor controllers thought the use of the word 'Spirits' was advertising hard liquor and that is (was) illegal.

This made the news and it made the LCC look like idiots, all the while increasing business.

I'll be forced to believe in ghosts when they can be proven to exist. For now, ghosts are an "undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato." "There's more of gravy than of grave about ghosts, whatever they are!"

Reaction score
Everyone here who believes in ghosts should watch the show "The Haunted" it comes on on Animal Planet at 4:00 p.m. Every day. Its a very interesting show about ghost stories from people with great experience. I find it very interesting. It is also available on netflix. Every episode 30 minutes to an hour long.

Most reactions

Latest posts