What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you Believe in ghosts? Haunted Houses?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cartoon_Ghost_Holding_a_Boo_Banner_Sign_100829-180422-455042.jpg

In the middle of the night our 52'' flat screen TV kicked on by itself. How does a TV turn on by itself?

Nope. No on stepped on the control as it was on the table and the cat was out! I even woke up my daughter, who went to bed before me and I knew it wasn't her, and asked her!

And it was loud! We didn't leave it on that loud....

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not as uncommon as you think. At night the house cools down. The voltage from the batteries in the remote control is temperature sensitive. The voltage may fall below the critical value needed to properly operate the electronics in the remote if the batteries are nearly used up and it then 'malfunctions' and starts to randomly transmit commands - TV on, Volume Up and so on.

So, no ghosts I'm afraid, just a new set of batteries needed for your remote...:D

Of course, next day, the house warms up the battery voltage increases and, for a while at least, the remote seems to operate OK.

Tim

Cartoon_Ghost_Holding_a_Boo_Banner_Sign_100829-180422-455042.jpg

In the middle of the night our 52'' flat screen TV kicked on by itself. How does a TV turn on by itself?

Nope. No on stepped on the control as it was on the table and the cat was out! I even woke up my daughter, who went to bed before me and I knew it wasn't her, and asked her!

And it was loud! We didn't leave it on that loud....

Reaction score
Dont think im crazy

But yes, i do, a bit.

I also believe in sasquatch, chupacabra (the dog-like one not the alien looking one) and some-what nessie.

Reaction score
Hailey Summer said:
Yeh I do believe in ghosts or disturbed spirits for I have a lot of experiences with them.

Wow.... Your lucky!

They wont harm you will they? I dont think they will.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I grew up in a house with ghosts. I've seen enough to believe without a doubt.

Reaction score
thewitt said:
I grew up in a house with ghosts. I've seen enough to believe without a doubt.

I believe you.
Ive seen much evidence even though ive had no experience, i dont want to believe because it scares me, but its all too real.

Last edited:

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After we had been living there about 16 years, the owners from two owners back came to visit. These were two spinster ladies in their 80s. They wanted to see the place, having lived there for nearly 50 years before moving away.

After sitting down to tea, they looked at each other then quietly asked, "Are the ghosts still here?" We went on to share ghost stories of events and sightings going back to the turn of the century. Their experiences in the house were very similar to ours.

One of the common activities both of us experienced was moving furniture. The living room furniture was often turned in the middle of the night to face the central fireplace, rather than face the long end of the room where the TV was placed. The ladies admitted to the same thing - going back to when they had a console radio at that end of the room. Furniture movement finally stopped when we carpeted the living room...

Most reactions

Latest posts