What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you Believe in ghosts? Haunted Houses?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had experience close to that age as well, when i was 6 or 7? Floating white lady. I was not scared at that time because im with a bunch of kids (about 8 to 10). I was even excited at that time and calling my nanny to take a look of what i saw 5 houses from us. Hahaah. I just soon later realize that it's something not to be laugh at to. Hahaha

Wow. And you and Joy have never seen or felt anything since that age? I bet you have....

Good Lord, Joy!

I forgot to mention, I even participated a "spirit of the glass" thing. Heard of it Marie? it's like ouija, but using a glass. that was creepy!

I have never heard of this! I would so do it, though. I think. During Halloween, here, in Sac, there is a hotel that you can spend the night in and pay, of course ~ it is haunted, but they have seances!

I think we are going to do it this year!

Tell me more about the "spirit of the glass"

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had experience close to that age as well, when i was 6 or 7? Floating white lady. I was not scared at that time because im with a bunch of kids (about 8 to 10). I was even excited at that time and calling my nanny to take a look of what i saw 5 houses from us. Hahaah. I just soon later realize that it's something not to be laugh at to. Hahaha

Wow. And you and Joy have never seen or felt anything since that age? I bet you have....

Good Lord, Joy!

I forgot to mention, I even participated a "spirit of the glass" thing. Heard of it Marie? it's like ouija, but using a glass. that was creepy!

I have never heard of this! I would so do it, though. I think. During Halloween, here, in Sac, there is a hotel that you can spend the night in and pay, of course ~ it is haunted, but they have seances!

I never seen one since then, but it rather got my attention. I was in my 20's then, I passed through this door. And the door started shaking, and the doorknob was twisting like someone wants to be out. I ran like mad, almost fell on the stairs. lol!

Spirit of the Glass is practice using a candle, glass (of course!) and just about any paper. You write down the alphabets, numbers 1-0, and two boxes in the middle that has "yes" and
"no". Kinda seance but you dont need a human medium. Prayer is recited, Catholic prayers. then you call a spirit any spirit. when your calling the spirit the glass is still turn open. after the calling. You turn down the glass. everyone participant should place each of their fingers on top of the glass. then you start asking questions. First question is usually , are you here spirit of blah blah. Then shoot, ask whatever you want. When it is finish, you turn the glass up to release the spirit inside the glass.
It's really creepy.

pastan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

Not anymore since that day.

Spirit of the glass? Thats a famous spirit game in our country, im not quite familiar with the procedures but they say that its one way of communicating with spirits. Dont know wether good or bad. But most of the time, with bad ones. Hehe. And always ends pretty bad.

Never tried it though, just seen it on movies

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live quite close to Pluckley which is supposed to be Britain's most haunted village, Halloween there is always a hoot but to be honest apart from the village shop and the pubs there is not a lot there so why ghosts and ghouls would want to hang out there is beyond me.

If I come back as some kind of demonic spirit (some say I'm there already) I'll be haunting some blonde 20 something, let's face it, if you've got a damned eternity ahead of you then you might as well set out to enjoy it!

The Archangel

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I never seen one since then, but it rather got my attention. I was in my 20's then, I passed through this door. And the door started shaking, and the doorknob was twisting like someone wants to be out. I ran like mad, almost fell on the stairs. lol!

Spirit of the Glass is practice using a candle, glass (of course!) and just about any paper. You write down the alphabets, numbers 1-0, and two boxes in the middle that has "yes" and
"no". Kinda seance but you dont need a human medium. Prayer is recited, Catholic prayers. then you call a spirit any spirit. when your calling the spirit the glass is still turn open. after the calling. You turn down the glass. everyone participant should place each of their fingers on top of the glass. then you start asking questions. First question is usually , are you here spirit of blah blah. Then shoot, ask whatever you want. When it is finish, you turn the glass up to release the spirit inside the glass.
It's really creepy.

I got creeped out just reading this! My mom use to tell me "mess around the gates of hell, be prepared what may come out"

Which made it all the more interesting.:D

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live quite close to Pluckley which is supposed to be Britain's most haunted village, Halloween there is always a hoot but to be honest apart from the village shop and the pubs there is not a lot there so why ghosts and ghouls would want to hang out there is beyond me.

If I come back as some kind of demonic spirit (some say I'm there already) I'll be haunting some blonde 20 something, let's face it, if you've got a damned eternity ahead of you then you might as well set out to enjoy it!

The Archangel

Hilarious! Your home sounds divine, Gab!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are we still talking about ghosts! Yes, I definitely think there is something strange on this site but who knows it could be anything!

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Google Quapaw spooklight. Every one that lives in the area has seen it, and it go back decades before statehood. It is not hard to see them, but no one has figured any logical reason for them.

Or . . . those that know about them, expect to see them, so they do see them. This is quite natural.

Try this: at night, when you tuck in your five year old, tell him or her a bedtime story. As you speak, quickly look toward the closet and then look away. When your child asks questions, simply tell him or her that it is probably the dragon that sleeps in the closet waking up and he is hungry.

Chances are, your little one will see and hear every species of dragon known to Middle Earthers.

On second thought, perhaps not.

Tell people that a house is haunted and many will see things. Tell them that the house is protected from spirits using ultra-dimensional high density ghost proof insulation and that little woman from Poltergeist has cleared the house, and they won't see or hear anything.

Google the odd sounds in Arizona. Sedonia, I think. Apparently, there is a hum or thrumming sound that defies explanation.

Boo

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish I could say it was that simple, but too many cases are just people who did not know about the story. My first experience was with my future wife, I saw this strange light coming from nowhere. I mentioned, and she asked what dirt road we were on. When she saw where we were at, she said that was only the spooklight, and told me about it. The locals just consider it a freak of nature and don't get too excited about it. Okies are laid back about most things, and the only thing a ghost is to them, is a tall tale to elaborate on.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That like the US Airforce Telling everyone that the PHX lights where flares beening droped and since over a half a million people saw the socalled flares move in a way a airplane moved and it circled back over the south mountain and came back over the valley ..

So if those things where flares then i'm a bigfoot that been shaved and liveing in a urban area ..

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish I could say it was that simple, but too many cases are just people who did not know about the story. My first experience was with my future wife, I saw this strange light coming from nowhere. I mentioned, and she asked what dirt road we were on. When she saw where we were at, she said that was only the spooklight, and told me about it. The locals just consider it a freak of nature and don't get too excited about it. Okies are laid back about most things, and the only thing a ghost is to them, is a tall tale to elaborate on.

Yeah. Most are not true. We have this show here that I start watching. It is called ~ I wanna say, Paranormal or Fake?

But I'm thinkin there is another word in there somewhere! A team goes around and finds stories and myths, whatever ~ and they prove it wrong, or true.

I love it!

Most reactions

Latest posts