do tried apps leave anything behind?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by islandman, Apr 12, 2015.

1. islandman

islandman
    Expand Collapse

#1 islandman, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2017
  2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll find these apps in the Purchased tab in the App Store. The data or informations that were saved to the app will not be available any more, once you've deleted the app from your device.

3. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Deleting an app deletes all its saved data. When you delete an app from your iPad, a pop up appears informing you that deleting the app will also delete all its data. At that point you can cancel the delete or confirm it.

4. islandman

islandman
    Expand Collapse

I found the purchased apps recently, even those I'd deleted, so even though they are listed there, is good to learn they have left nothing behind, thanks

5. dhewson777

dhewson777
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    The Purchased Apps list in the App Store is merely a record of all the apps you've ever purchased (paid and free). They are not an indication of apps currently installed on your iPad.

6. islandman

islandman
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I appreciate that now and in a way, I'm relieved they leave no rubbish behind.

7. Charlie Fox

Charlie Fox
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    In short yes they do, I Us Battery doctor and easily remove hundreds of mb's. Unfortunately I can't find it on the Apple Store anymore but there are other programs to use but I love battery doc.

8. islandman

islandman
    Expand Collapse

And that Charlie, is what I would like, something that identified anything left behind by a trial app after the app had been deleted. Each app may only leave a small amount, but collectively may in time be too much.

9. dhewson777

dhewson777
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I'm no expert, but from some of the reading I've done, it appears the data is wiped when an app is deleted. All that remains is some keychain references, if applicable. I'm happy to stand corrected by those who know more about this.

Now regarding those "battery doctor" type apps, I gather Apple would have limited what they can and cannot do on a device level outside of the app itself. These are mostly just statistical apps, and don't actually have the ability to make too many changes outside its own sandbox. Again, happy to be educated by those in the know.

10. Charlie Fox

Charlie Fox
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    That's why they are safe to use as all apps are screened by Apple before they can go into the store, whereas android is not screened. Maybe that's why it's not there anymore. I've put idoctor on my partners iPads to try but I still use battery doctor without any problems. I to am learning as I go too that's why these forums are so good.