What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do new ipads still have the checkering effect?

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I've had all 3 iPad models and consistently had the checkerboard effect on the first 2 iPads with an Internet speed of around 5 or maybe 6 Mbps.

Here is an old YouTube clip to give some of you an idea of the checkerboard effect since you've never seen it.

Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I tried both meedup.com and endgadget.com and had no issues. Which is surprising considering my internet isn't all that fast.

My iPad 2 is in a box in factory setup, waiting for it's new owner; so I can't compare.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried both meedup.com and endgadget.com and had no issues. Which is surprising considering my internet isn't all that fast.

My iPad 2 is in a box in factory setup, waiting for it's new owner; so I can't compare.

Not surprising at all unless you are selling an iPad 2 and keeping an iPad 1, then we have a story! The checkerboard does not occur with the new iPads but is an issue with both the 1st and 2nd editions of the iPad. But some owners of the 1st and 2nd iPads never had the issue.

britpoper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The checkerboard does not occur with the new iPads but is an issue with both the 1st and 2nd editions of the iPad. But some owners of the 1st and 2nd iPads never had the issue.

I also never experience it on my iPad2. My internet speed is average.
But this thread really make me curious, will do some tests browsing websites with a lot of images and long pages.

tritium

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my 3 I get it occasionally when opening settings, or a PDF/turning a PDF page in Goodreader. It only last a half second, so not a big deal.

Most reactions

Latest posts