What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do new iPads come installed with iOS4.2?

OP
L

lancer6238

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad last week, ordered it from the online store from Singapore, shipped from China, and it came with 4.2.1.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bought second iPad yesterday in UK. Sn. GB048... and came with 4.2.1 installed.

Tasty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had mine three weeks andi had to upgrade mine, and it came directly from the apple store.

dark-hell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it is, i just bought my new Ipad from local apple store in My country,Indonesia , and it was already installed with OS 4.2.1

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was gotten at Best Buy two days after Black Friday, so of course I had to upgrade to 4.2.1 unless mine had been speed shipped and just arrived in store that day,
LOL.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is just time line of inventory and shipping dates from China to Apple or certified Apple resellers like best buy it really does not matter if you have to upgrade or not. This is no different from buying any computer or printer or software applications as in most cases they are out of date when you purchase

Brewc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can tell by the picture of the Home screen on the front of the box, if it has the game center icon then it's updated to 4.2 if not it's older version

Last edited:

shandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine shipped on the 14th January in the States direct from Apple (had the engraving done!) it is the latest version.

TheeIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
early december i purchased a new ipad at the Apple store, and right before christmas i order a Refurbish iPad online... both came updated.

Most reactions