What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do iPads have Microsoft word equivalent?

condoigity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have received an email recently and have needed to add some info to it but don't know how to, I mean is there a Microsoft word equivalent , and where do I find out how to work iPads , so different to normal laptop!
Sorry I feel a bit silly asking for help but would really appreciate it , am getting very frustrated with this machine!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple's word processor is called Pages and costs $10 from the app store. It will open Word documents, which you can then edit and email in the same format.

As for learning about the iPad and iOS, you are in the right place. Most of your questions can be answered right here on iPF. Fire away with your questions and we will see what we can do to help.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As Kevin...I also have the Pages App...and I love it. I have been using it for work related documents and research papers and it has really been easy to convert to a word document!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, if you have an iPhone or iPod touch as well as an iPad, Pages will automatically sync documents between the two.

You only have to pay for it once, by the way.

OP
C

condoigity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So with pages can I write documents like word, I know you said that it converts and can I then attach the documents to be sent through email.
Is there a type of exel for iPads
Thanks

OP
C

condoigity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just had a look at pages and tried to install bu it said that I need iOS 5.1. What does that mean?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So with pages can I write documents like word, I know you said that it converts and can I then attach the documents to be sent through email.
Is there a type of exel for iPads
Thanks

Yes-look at numbers.

I have just had a look at pages and tried to install bu it said that I need iOS 5.1. What does that mean?

That is the current operating system for your iPad. Check to see what you are running on yours by going to your settings/general/about. Check to see your version.

Most reactions

Latest posts