What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do I need an iPad?

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Laptops and phones aren't necessary either. I did fine without both of those for decades.

I remember the times before iPods,etc that the only things that entertained us were cassette tapes,VCR's and the Atari 2600 :D

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iJamesH said:
I remember the times before iPods,etc that the only things that entertained us were cassette tapes,VCR's and the Atari 2600 :D

I remember a time before television.

Cassette tapes were horrible. I could never find a pencil when I needed one. (There is a whole generation that has no idea why cassette tapes and pencils go hand in hand.)

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I remember a time before television.

Cassette tapes were horrible. I could never find a pencil when I needed one. (There is a whole generation that has no idea why cassette tapes and pencils go hand in hand.)

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Oh man I remember those days where you needed a pencil for that pesky casssette player lol.

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is great for you if you need something that you can carry everywhere with has great battery life, a device you can read all the latest news ( the Ipad is great for reading, pdf's webpages, anything), take notes, it's great for content creation, use it for a number of things. It wasn't meant as a product to replace a PC or laptop, but it's getting there with the help of a numbers of apps ( think safari on the iPad doesn't have a download manager, but there's a ton of apps that fill that hole).
My advice? get a cheap iPad 3 -16 gb, see how you like it.

nicnacnoo78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you NEED an iPad? Now there's a question! Do you require a quick answer or a long answer because believe me, in my opinion, they come joint first with...well....no, first! Lol

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you depend on a laptop, you'll find uses for the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts