What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do i have an AT&T E problem or an IPad IPhone problem?

janetn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't get help from AT&T, can anyone here help? As I leave town my iPhone goes to "off network" but my iPad says AT&T E. is there a setting to change on the phone or do I need a new service? AT&T is not helpful and wifi is not available as I travel. Do I have to replace the phone?

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is your data roaming set to off?That might explain your problem.To check,go to settings-general-network-data roaming.
Cellular carriers do charge outrageous rates go data roaming,though.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Data Roaming should not be an issue on AT&T in the U.S.

Check with AT&T to see if you can force an update to your tower information on the iPhone. (not sure what they call it). You'll need a good connection when it is being done.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it's an iPhone / iPad prob. I say that because all my 3G iDevices have varying receptivity. Must have to do with the way the hardware is designed. I noticed that I'd be in the same location with iPhone 4 or 4S and iPad 1 or 2 and get different levels of connectivity, depending on where I was in the country. (I travel a lot.) I also noticed that my signal strength improved a lot when I switched to iPhone 4S from iPhone 4, even in the exact same locations, with the same AT&T 3G service at the time. (I just recently switched to a 4G Android phone.)

Most reactions