What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do apple listen

stevedoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I don't have any particular issues and am over the moon with my ipad4. I just wondered, if you ask around how to do something and discover you can't, e.g. I don't think you can highlight text in Pages, can you contact Apple, and do they listen...
Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple do listen, but like any large corporation of their size, they listen for the sound of significant volumes of public / consumer opinion.

In your example, contacting Apple to say you are unhappy that you cannot highlight text in Pages won't likely get you anywhere. Thats where we come in! Forums are the ideal mechanism to ask questions to a community that is large enough to have the breadth and depth of members (and their knowledge) to solve the problems of individuals, or suggest alternatives, but still being focused on the issues of individual members!

If however, Pages stopped selling from the App Store because a huge number of folks in the world were experiencing the same problem and it was fundamental to their use of the App, then you can be sure Apple would hear that and take action.

There's nothing specific to Apple in that. Microsoft, Google, and every other large consumer focused organisation will act similarly.

Now, back to your post. I hear what you are saying about not having a particular problem, but you did ask about the Pages thing elsewhere in the forum? Unless you just made it up as an example, why not ask the specific question in the right part of the forums and I'm sure you will get some help to understand whether 1) you are doing it wrong, 2) Pages does not support what you want to do, or 3) there is an alternative way to do it which gets you to the same result.

Oh, and don't forget to use our search, just in case your question has been asked and answered in the past! ;)

Good Luck!

Last edited:
OP
S

stevedoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple do listen, but like any large corporation of their size, they listen for the sound of significant volumes of public / consumer opinion.

In your example, contacting Apple to say you are unhappy that you cannot highlight text in Pages won't likely get you anywhere. Thats where we come in! Forums are the ideal mechanism to ask questions to a community that is large enough to have the breadth and depth of members (and their knowledge) to solve the problems of individuals, or suggest alternatives, but still being focused on the issues of individual members!

If however, Pages stopped selling from the App Store because a huge number of folks in the world were experiencing the same problem and it was fundamental to their use of the App, then you can be sure Apple would hear that and take action.

There's nothing specific to Apple in that. Microsoft, Google, and every other large consumer focused organisation will act similarly.

Now, back to your post. I hear what you are saying about not having a particular problem, but you did ask about the Pages thing elsewhere in the forum? Unless you just made it up as an example, why not ask the specific question in the right part of the forums and I'm sure you will get some help to understand whether 1) you are doing it wrong, 2) Pages does not support what you want to do, or 3) there is an alternative way to do it which gets you to the same result.

Oh, and don't forget to use our search, just in case your question has been asked and answered in the past! ;)

Good Luck!

Thanks - I will look into that. I had genuinely forgotten that I had posted that already, but yes I was focussing more on the best way to make improvement suggestions. Certainly wasnt designed to be a complaint, just looking to enhance what I think is already excellent.

Cheers

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stevedoz said:
Thanks - I will look into that. I had genuinely forgotten that I had posted that already, but yes I was focussing more on the best way to make improvement suggestions. Certainly wasnt designed to be a complaint, just looking to enhance what I think is already excellent.

Cheers

Try this http://www.apple.com/feedback/

The Archangel

Most reactions