What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do any of you believe in the paranormal subject?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
Wanted to revive this thread with a weird/cool story. My grandpa, who was my best friend, died 15 years ago. Whenever I would visit, he would be wearing Old Spice cologne. Now, my dad wears it as well, but rarely. I was doing laundry, home alone a few days ago when I felt...well, strange is the best I can describe it. I knew I was by myself, just me and my puppies but I didn't feel alone. I also noticed a familiar scent in the air, Old Spice! And it hadn't been there all day. Grandpa stopping by, maybe? :)

I believe you !!! Anything is possible.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF

Ldsdad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this qualifies as "supernatural," but I met someone who could only have been the REAL Santa Claus when I was four years old.
For real.
I grew up in Oakland, California, until just before my fourth birthday, when my parents divorced. My mother took my younger brother and I back to the small (really small!) town of Midway, Utah, where her parents lived. My birthday is December 11th, I had just turned four, and my Mother and Grandmother took me and my younger brother - still a toddler - up to "the city" (Salt Lake City, the only real metropolitan center in the entire state) one day to go Christmas shopping. They split up and I was with my grandmother - I found out years later they split up so Mom could get my presents, and grandmother would get my brother's presents.
While walking with grandma, I saw Santa Claus in the department store with Mrs. Claus, and a few other kids in line waiting to see them. I wanted to see them, too, or course, and grandma, being a softie, took me over.
As we got close, Mrs. Claus turned to us, looked down at me, and immediately said:
"Hi John. Where's Robert?"
Being four, that was a perfectly natural question for her to ask me, and I responded that he was over somewhere with Mom.
She smiled and said something nice, never once looking at my grandma.
(I still remember this very clearly; it's one of my strongest, early memories.)
As we got closer to ol' Santa himself, I waited for what seemed lime a long time for the "big kid" - an eight-year-old or-so girl - to get off Santa's lap.
When it was finally my turn, Santa Claus looked at me, recognized me, and (according to my grandmother years later) said something along the lines of how surprised he was to see me all the way out in Utah.
Again, as a four-year-old, it was only natural that Mr. And Mrs. Claus would know me, and show surprise that we were in Utah; I never questioned it, or even Santa's existence. Over the years that followed I would argue With my friends as they one-by-one stopped believing in him; ('of course he's real!’, I'd say: 'I met him!')
It wasn't until I was a sophomore in high school that one day I asked grandma about that experience. She thought for a minute, then her eyes widened as she remembered, and told me from her perspective what happened:
The Mr. and Mrs. Claus in the ZCMI department store in Salt Lake City one night of December 1968 not only knew me and that I had a brother, and that we had been living in a different state, they knew the names of EVERY child in that line.
I am not making this up.
According to my grandma, Mr. and Mrs. Claus knew every child ON SIGHT; they never so much as glanced that their accompanying parents. Grandma, and she said the other parents as well, were astonished that these two strangers knew their children. Neither my grandma nor any of the parents she saw recognized them. As she and approached them, she saw that they knew the children ahead of us (the reason the 'big kid' was taking so long on Santa's lap was because SHE was reasoning that since he knew her, she probably knew him, and would recognize him behind his beard - although according to grandma, the beard was real...), and grandma assumed they were a local couple who knew some of the local kids, but she about passed out when Mrs. Claus turned and spoke to me.
Again, on my honor, I am not making this up.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What a truly wonderful story!

I've gotten goosebumps reading this.......did you receive for Christmas what you told him you wanted?

I wish that I had met them too!

Ldsdad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, to this day I have only one explanation... Oh, and yes, I DID get exactly what a wanted: a Disneyland play set; I still remember.

francis101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far, I was not able to experience seeing some ghost but I do believe on those stuffs..
There was one time where my classmate in High school cried during class because she saw a ghost making fun of us in the room..
And you know what, I seated next to her.. (o_O)

Reaction score
I've never had any experience with things like this.

But I truly am I believer. I believe in hauntings, sasquatch, chupacabra (not the alien like one I mean the dog like one) jackalopes (i know for a fact jackalopes are real my neighbor has a scar from 1 and she shot it because of it and they had a hunting license and its head was on their wall) and lots of other things.

Sometimes I don't want to believe in this stuff because it sometimes scares the daylights out of me! But its just all too real. I like to watch shows like the haunted and finding bigfoot, for these shows are very interesting and informative about this kind of stuff.
The new season of finding bigfoot is coming out this fall. The haunted comes on at 4 on animal planet every day.
I also like to watch freak encounters on animal planet. Freak encounters is about people setting up other people a fake encounter with some mythical or believed to exist creatures. The person set up thinks its real its to test them to see what they would really do if they actually had an encounter with such a creature.
Lost tapes on Animal Planet scares me way too much though! Plus its fake as heck.

But yes, I am a believer everyone!
Everyone has a opinions. Don't think I'm crazy!

Last edited:

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I grew up in a house with ghosts, so absolutely I believe. I experienced too much not to believe.

Reaction score
thewitt said:
I grew up in a house with ghosts, so absolutely I believe. I experienced too much not to believe.

I believe you!
But will they harm you in any way? Or are they just disturbed?
I doubt they mean to harm you unless its a poltergeist

Most reactions