What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dlna

colsmt03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been happily streaming or on occasion downloading media from storage devices connected via USB, to my DLNA enabled router-modem.This, all separate from iTunes and PCs . The storage usually needs external power (even micro - sd) and a suitable app - player. Does anyone know of a way I could reverse this procedure with stuff I've downloaded onto my iPad put onto the storage, to use elsewhere? The aim, being independence of iTunes and PCs. Any help , tips would be greatly appreciated, even being told I can't do it would help. By the way it's an iPad 3 wifi.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try Goodreader or FileBrowser, they allow access to various networked drives. You should be able to move files to and from the ipad without an issue, once connected.

OP
C

colsmt03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't posted for awhile but I've been following thanks to iPF's emails. Got things working well with a hard drive attached to the router, and I've found 8player to be a smooth trouble free movie player. With some music I have in a non apple app I've been able to upload it onto micro SD cards for use elsewhere using GoodReader. (Thanks dhewson777) Did this with some hints from the cloud FTP thread. Again thanks to those concerned. Truth is I could probably be included in that group with the moniker "iPad addicted".

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been happily streaming or on occasion downloading media from storage devices connected via USB, to my DLNA enabled router-modem.This, all separate from iTunes and PCs . The storage usually needs external power (even micro - sd) and a suitable app - player. Does anyone know of a way I could reverse this procedure with stuff I've downloaded onto my iPad put onto the storage, to use elsewhere? The aim, being independence of iTunes and PCs. Any help , tips would be greatly appreciated, even being told I can't do it would help. By the way it's an iPad 3 wifi.

Any ITUNES FTP software should let you upload to a NAS. I use file explorer
Mike

Most reactions

Latest posts