What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DJVU to PDF Conversion?

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
have apps on my desktop computer that will do this, but I would love to be able to do it on my iPad. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tuttle said:
have apps on my desktop computer that will do this, but I would love to be able to do it on my iPad. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Any online websites that allow you to do this? You could use safari mobile?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a search in the App Store for "djvu." When I did it, there were three iPad apps that claimed to be djvu readers: DjVu Reader $5.99, USD), DjVu Viewer ($2.99) and SoleDjvu ($1.99). There is also an iPhone app (not universal) for $.99 - Easy DJVU Reader.

Stanza, an e-book reading app also showed up in the list. And this app is free (though I hear it's outdated - but just installed fine on my iPad3). Problem is, I don't have a .djvu file to read and they seem almost impossible to find in a search of the web...

So, I can't test these out, but maybe it'll give you someplace to start? Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
Tuttle

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Have a search in the App Store for "djvu." When I did it, there were three iPad apps that claimed to be djvu readers: DjVu Reader $5.99, USD), DjVu Viewer ($2.99) and SoleDjvu ($1.99). There is also an iPhone app (not universal) for $.99 - Easy DJVU Reader.

Stanza, an e-book reading app also showed up in the list. And this app is free (though I hear it's outdated - but just installed fine on my iPad3). Problem is, I don't have a .djvu file to read and they seem almost impossible to find in a search of the web...

So, I can't test these out, but maybe it'll give you someplace to start? Good luck.

Marilyn

Thanks, Marilyn. I have Djvu Reader and can use it to read .djvu files, but I want to convert .djvu files to .pdf so that I can read and annotate them in other apps. None of the other apps in the app store refer to conversion capability.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You know, you'd think that I'd know by now to actually READ what the poster wants to do! Sorry; my bad.

It looks as if your best bet is to use an online converter. The problem is, getting the file from your iPad to the converter so it can do its magic. Safari won't let you upload documents...

The only I can suggest you try is the app iCab Mobile, which is a web browser that does allow uploading to some sites. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't and you'll have to just do all the conversions on the computer and send the new PDF to the iPad.

Yeah, I'm a big help. Not! Sorry, but that's all I've got.

Marilyn

OP
Tuttle

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
You know, you'd think that I'd know by now to actually READ what the poster wants to do! Sorry; my bad.

It looks as if your best bet is to use an online converter. The problem is, getting the file from your iPad to the converter so it can do its magic. Safari won't let you upload documents...

The only I can suggest you try is the app iCab Mobile, which is a web browser that does allow uploading to some sites. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't and you'll have to just do all the conversions on the computer and send the new PDF to the iPad.

Yeah, I'm a big help. Not! Sorry, but that's all I've got.

Marilyn

No prob, Marilyn. I am often guilty of the same thing. And, who knows? Often such input leads to some serendipitous discovery.

Thanks again.

tinker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not know of any good apps for conversion from djvu to pdf. you say you have some on your desktop. care to share ?

Most reactions

Latest posts