1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Divine Space - we are developing a BIG game for iPads

Discussion in 'iPad App Announcements' started by DamianDivine, Oct 15, 2012.

1. DamianDivine

DamianDivine iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello everyone!

My name is Anti A. Danilevski, and I'm producer of videogames. As I said in introduction thread, DamianDivine is a mix of my recently born son name (Damian) and another my baby - game that we are working on, Divine Space. I'm here to present our work in progress to you, to discuss it's aspects and answer to the questions. While we are developing our game, we receive feedback and probably do corrections to the game while it's not finished yet.

Divine Space is a 3D space adventure/quest ARPGin hard sci-fi genre, with real-time combat and click-n-go controls. The first version of the game will bereleased for iPads, though there will be next versions for other platforms too (thanks to Unity3D).

[​IMG]

Divine Space is agame with modern, high quality graphics, powerful quest and lastgeneration AI systems. The game combines the best from old favoritecult games (maybe some of you remember them): the adventuresome spirit of Star Control, the surprisingdepth of theme of Homeworld, the liveliness of the game world ofSpace Rangers, the commerce of Elite. At the same time, in puttingthe game together the most up-to-date technologies and trends areused, thanks to which the game universe exceeds most competitors inbeauty, while the extremely simple controls make the game accessibleeven to a child. Some are calling Divine Space a successful mix ofDark Orbit and Eve Online.

[​IMG]

The game integrates many possibilities that arefavorites among gamers: building ships from parts and then fittingthem out with weaponry, equipment, and engines; acquisition andcollection of resources, exploration of unknown stars and planets,meeting and socializing with other pilots and characters; of coursethe game has lots of various quests and assignments. The economicsof the universe reacts to events occurring in it, prices changedepending on whether the stores are filled with some goods or, on theother hand, because of a deficit of others, which makes commercetruly interesting and fascinating.

[​IMG]

The action of the game takes place in a universeresembling our real world as much as possible: stars are located justwhere they actually are. We had to spend several monthsdeveloping actual astronomical data and building a universe based onthem. After playing Divine Space, you (or your children) willknow once and for all where the sun is located in our corner of theuniverse, which stars are closest to us, what their spectral classesare, planets... and much more.

[​IMG]

However, this in no way converts the game into aboring educational manual. Our task has been to take the bestthat has ever been in such games and make one even better, thenharmoniously gather everything into a single game (especially casual controls). Therefore in Divine Space even five-year-old children can play (that was the main our goal - to make a BIG sci-fi space game that anyone can play without any special skills). Thereforethe game will be interesting as well to adults (and maybe even toelders).

[​IMG]

And here is video of gameplay. No bots yet and flight is a very early (we are making a new flight - smooth, beautiful, cinematographic), but you can get the idea how it will work on your iPad!

More art - concepts, screenshots, some more videos on our site

We plan to release first version for iPads at summer 2013.

I hope you will like our game and will share your thoughts, ask questions and so on - I'm subsribed to this thread and will answer on any questions quick.

Cheers,
    - Anti

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  2. AdMaiora

AdMaiora iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is impressive, i'd play it on my computer!
  3. DamianDivine

DamianDivine iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you, glad you like it!

There is a version for PC/Mac/Linux is planned, but we must make first - for iPads.
  4. AdMaiora

AdMaiora iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's good news, congrats!
    Will look for updates, wish you the best of luck in the meantime ^^
  5. DamianDivine

DamianDivine iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you - it's what we need.
    Sadly, we are not allowed to ask for help here due to forum rules. :(

But if you have any questions about the game - ask away, I'll try to answer quick!
  6. DamianDivine

DamianDivine iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have many updates in project and answered about controls, free-to-play and why it's good in our game and why we are developing with Unity3D.
    If you are interested in anything of it, I can past it here.
  7. Olga_AR

Olga_AR iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, it looks really impressive! Good luck with it ;)
  8. DamianDivine

DamianDivine iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you. We need not luck, but assistance of those who likes our game and want to see it on iPads.
    Otherwise, alas, luck won't save us.
  9. mrcupu

mrcupu iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    hopefully like wing commander series which i never find anymore good action shooter outerspace like those :thumbs: