What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Distribute an app turned down by Apple's app store

Dc2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone:

Let me start off by saying that I am a developer. I wrote an app that was turned down by the official Apple's app store, so I was wondering if there's a way to distribute it for the "jailbreak" community (for free)?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The best thing for you to do is to make your own Cydia repository (which you can then list it in Cydia). Jay Freeman (aka "saurik"), the owner/operator of Cydia, has a how-to-guide on his website here: How to Host a Cydiaâ„¢ Repository - Jay Freeman (saurik)

Now, I'm not going to pretend to understand a WORD on that link - but, if you are a developer, maybe you do! :D

You can also have someone else host your app. In that case, PM me and I will provide you with e-mail addresses for two of the top repos - one of which is BigBoss.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
D

Dc2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:) thanks for the link. And yes, some of it makes sense to me, although the way Apple keeps their software "guarded" at times it is hard to know what is actually included in an app's package contents.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Inappropriate content.

Care to further explain? in-app purchases and sales is "Inappropriate" as far as Apple is concerned. Smiley.

I hope it is Flash 14.9 Rev. B-1a or perhaps a nice Widget.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dc2000: You certainly stirred my curiosity aswell. Please report what marvels you've created. Lucky for me I ain't feline!  

//Stefan

OP
D

Dc2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:D sorry guys for being so vague. . Let me explain a bit further. It's a "joke app" that may contain some explicit language, nudity as I said and some derisive content toward Apple's own products. I know that those guys can't take a joke (which makes me feel real sad because I like their products.) so that is in a nutshell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's all agree that this particular thread is about how to get an app on Cydia, whether by creating your own repo or by having it hosted by the more established repos. Okay?

In other words, please rein it in, else the staff will have to close this thread (or delete it).

Thanks.

Marilyn

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can we get this moving on?
Try to get this done instead of discussing the level of inappropriate content this guy has.

OP
D

Dc2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help. As you see I'm not trying to benefit myself from this app, I simply want to share it with others since I dedicated my time to making it.... That's all I want to say.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thread has been cleaned up. Let's keep it that way, please.

Marilyn thinks this thread is beneficial and I apologize for all the insinuations ~ good luck!

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you just upload the ipa file somewhere can we not just download and install your app?

Most reactions