1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Distance + ipad + blueprints?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by jaedite, May 11, 2011.

1. jaedite

jaedite iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can anyone help me locate an app that will allow me to upload a blue print, then select a spot on the print and walk, tracking the distance to a wall or a fixture?

Auto cad ws does allow the first part, but not the second...
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    I moved this post to the Help section with a permanent redirect from Apps, because I thought it might receive better attention there, though I recognise it is also an app question. I hope this is OK.

Tim
    iPad Forum Moderator
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,030 / 1
    That was such an intriguing question I did a little research. This looks promising.

CMT GPS/GIS Application Software for iPAD

Besides recording a track, there is a desktop program that will allow you to geo-refernce a drawing, and use it as a background. That would be essential if the results were going to be meaningful.

Of course, I don't know how accurate your final data would be. Good enough for roads is hardly good enough for room measurements.