What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dissapear emails ?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible for you to access the account through a browser and look at the settings there? As far as I know there's not a lot you can do in the settings on your iPad, least of all for the Inbox.

Thomas Armour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Emails in my inbox keep disappearing without me deleting them, even when I flag them.
My email is with BT.
Am in same boat my mail with ntlworld.com now Virginmedia/Google and don't know where I am but for some time now have had mail in in box being deleted, total mystery think I ought to ditch the lot and open an account that at least I can understand,any ideas?

IImac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am in same boat my mail with ntlworld.com now Virginmedia/Google and don't know where I am but for some time now have had mail in in box being deleted, total mystery think I ought to ditch the lot and open an account that at least I can understand,any ideas?

I had a similar problem and have just spent about four hours trying to resolve.
It SEEMS later versions of IOS does not support POP3 accounts in the same way but defaults to IMAP.
The work around is to delete the account and set it up again using "Other" email type and enter an INCORRECT user name / email address. Then the next screen allows you to select POP3 and set up the accounts (and correct your deliberate error!)- voila no more disappearing emails! Bizarre! I found the info at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6556572?start=15&tstart=0

Most reactions