What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Display problem

wing15602

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad, 16GB I think which I purchased about three months ago. Every time I open an application, the screen opens ok and about a second later it spreads out so I can't read the sides or the bottom of the screen. I called Apple and they say it is a software problem and they want $79.95 to fix it. On a 3 month old item??? Can anyone tell me if this is a setting I can adjust or is there somewhere I can go to have this problem resolved without being extorted?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check to see if you haven't accidentally activated the Zoom feature on that iPad. To check:

Go to the General section of your Settings app. Scroll down the right side until you come to the line titled "Accessibility." Press that to open a new tab and then look for the line titled "Zoom" (mine is listed as the second line from the top). Ensure that Zoom is turned OFF (if it is on, press that line and you'll be taken to yet another tab where you can change a button).

Hopefully, that'll do it. If not, holler back and we'll see if we can try something else.

Marilyn

davesmall52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Simply unlock the device (ie enter passcode or whatever), then tripple click the home button. That will bring up the accessibility options, unselect the option "zoom" and the problem should be sorted

Most reactions