What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

display owners name on lock screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I certainly hope that there is a level of freedom of speech here. Forums, by nature, are for users to express their valid but often controversial or unpopular opinions. What I think you meant is that moderators have the right to edit those who have crossed the line or are not following the rules, re-track those who have hijacked threads, and remind users to be kind to each other. Personally I don't think sarcasm should be so heavily-handed called-out by the moderators as in this case the poster (although perhaps a bit negative) and right or wrong in your mind did make a valid point. Unfortunately, the world is full of morally corrupt people who would not return a lost iPad if they found one, even with a phone number prominently displayed. That we wish it otherwise does not make it true. Nor, I think, should it be so heavily moderated. If being pessimistic or sarcastic on this forum is going to be closely monitored and chastised then a new approach should probably be considered. (You’ll lose a lot of users with that philosophy.) People like Mark Twain or Kurt Vonnegut, were they alive and members of the forum, wouldn't last five posts here. Of course, this is only my opinion and subject to moderation.
Except the validity of the point being made wasn't the issue. Sarcasm can be used constructively, and points made effectively, without being so obviously and derisively directed at someone else who's just trying to participate in a discussion.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seeing as this thread is now way off topic.......thread closed.

I would also suggest those with an alternative view to the moderators of this forum reacquaint themselves with the rules.

The Archangel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts