What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Display multiple iPads on one screen?

hepscott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Don't know if this is pie in the sky but ...

I have 60 kids coming to a conference each equipped with an iPad.

I would like them to 'sign in' by putting their name and drawing themselves on their ipad and logging on/submitting to my ipad/mac.

I've found an app called Socrative which does the same kind of thing - each ipad can log into a class and then submit text/answers i wondered if it was
possible to do similar but submit graphics?

My ideal end result would be a checker board on the main screen/display of all the faces signed in/submitted.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So to boil it down, you want them to draw a picture,send it to you and then present the pictures as a collage on a screen? You don't want to actually show all pictures being drawn real time?

There are multiple ways to get the picture to you, I guess it is just the arranging into a presentable form. Photoshop or something like that?

OP
H

hepscott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
boiled down sounds right - though watching 60 draw live simultaneously sounds exciting. I've booked a hall with a full cinema spec projection & dolby surround system so the single screen is going to be massive.

I suppose I could get them to email image and arrange but was hoping for something 'live'.

OP
H

hepscott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks - looks interesting and I might use in another part of the day.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hepscott said:
Hi
boiled down sounds right - though watching 60 draw live simultaneously sounds exciting. I've booked a hall with a full cinema spec projection & dolby surround system so the single screen is going to be massive.

I suppose I could get them to email image and arrange but was hoping for something 'live'.

Check out Shard Paper or Sync Space. They may be going in the right direction for you.

D

dvdcatalyst

I'm not sure if an App would do the trick, but using a web-service might. I don't have any experience with these sites/apps, this is just the result from some google searches.

This might be something:

FlockDraw - Free Online Drawing Tool - Collaborative Group Whiteboard

Flockdraw is a free to use online whiteboard based painting & drawing tool. It makes it easy to draw online free with multiple people for fun or business. You can have unlimited people in a room and the drawing updates in real time. Uses different colors, shapes and text

They do have an app as well, but $2.99 times 60, plus 1 for yourself gets a bit pricy. For that, it might be better to hook up a laptop to the projector.

On this site there are a few other suggestions:

http://mashable.com/2009/05/01/collaborative-drawings/

from those, Draw My Thing might be close to what you are looking for, but I'm not sure if you can set up a private session, and of course if you could you would need 60+1 accounts set-up

Then there is GroupBoard:

Groupboard: advanced collaborative online whiteboard software

Groupboard is a free online shared whiteboard and chat app that can be easily embedded into your website. It works on any web browser including iPhone, iPad and Android with no downloads or plugins required. Groupboard has been used by universities, online tutors, architects, designers and artists since 1998 for distance learning, collaborative design and online doodling!

they have an app:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/groupboard/id364049817?mt=8

Groupboard turns your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad into a collaborative whiteboard, allowing you to draw and chat in real time with other people anywhere on the internet, even with users using a web browser. Use it for online tutoring, collaborative design, or just for fun!

I hope this helps.

OP
H

hepscott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brilliant

many thanks to all. Was stuck but now have 1/2 a dozen good suggestions to follow up.

cheers

hepscott

Most reactions

Latest posts