What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disney Giving Disneyland Employees iPads

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Disney.JPG

9to5 Mac writes that the happiest place on earth just got a little bit happier, with the news that Disney is giving its theme park workers (or “cast membersâ€, as Disney likes to call them) iPads to help them handle guest relations. The information comes from the Disney Projects Twitter page, which has been detailing the ways in which Disney employees are using iPads in the Magic Kingdom, including the classic tweet: “Seeing a Haunted Mansion cast member with an iPad is a bit… strange.â€

9to5 Mac writes that the iPad will be the “centerpiece†for Disney’s new version of its “FastPass†system, which is the system that enables park attendees to get passes for popular attractions so that they can be fast-tracked to the front of the line. The new system, which cast members have started training on today, uses RFID technology in conjunction with the iPad to read information from scanned passes. For the next few weeks, certain selected visitors will be helping Disney out testing the new system, by booking a seat on popular rides before they reach the parks, then when they get to their chosen ride at the booked time, waving their RFID band at a sensor to automatically send their booking information to a cast member carrying an iPad, who can then read it. How and when the new system will become officially operational depends on how well the pilot program goes over the next few weeks.

Source: Disney outfitting park employees with iPads to add magic to Magic Kingdom | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've always wanted to have a career at Disney... Now even more with this!!

How exciting! Thanks for sharing, Maura!

AirPlayit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will be cool if we can have chance to be theme park workers too:)
Thank you for sharing, OP!

wosiccp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a good news to those people but not mine. My boss should send ipad to us ,too .

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
We wouldn't forget you, but you have to come in Character-what would both you and Maura be?

I'd be one of those evil characters with a cackling laugh!

The Archangel

jessiluvsuxox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maura said:
9to5 Mac writes that the happiest place on earth just got a little bit happier, with the news that Disney is giving its theme park workers (or “cast members”, as Disney likes to call them) iPads to help them handle guest relations. The information comes from the Disney Projects Twitter page, which has been detailing the ways in which Disney employees are using iPads in the Magic Kingdom, including the classic tweet: “Seeing a Haunted Mansion cast member with an iPad is a bit… strange.”

9to5 Mac writes that the iPad will be the “centerpiece” for Disney’s new version of its “FastPass” system, which is the system that enables park attendees to get passes for popular attractions so that they can be fast-tracked to the front of the line. The new system, which cast members have started training on today, uses RFID technology in conjunction with the iPad to read information from scanned passes. For the next few weeks, certain selected visitors will be helping Disney out testing the new system, by booking a seat on popular rides before they reach the parks, then when they get to their chosen ride at the booked time, waving their RFID band at a sensor to automatically send their booking information to a cast member carrying an iPad, who can then read it. How and when the new system will become officially operational depends on how well the pilot program goes over the next few weeks.

Source: Disney outfitting park employees with iPads to add magic to Magic Kingdom | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

Interesting!

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
We wouldn't forget you, but you have to come in Character-what would both you and Maura be?

That is such a difficult question! I think I'd be one of the cats from the Aristocats!

Most reactions