What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disk capacity is falling like stone

dabuglam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Over the past two weeks of usage, I performed usual tasks of surfing Internet, played a few apps games, played music through apps. I hardly added any new apps (no more than 20 MB each) during this period. All these, however, have costed me in excess of 500MB in disk storage. Now the bell is ringing, asking me to delete some photos and videos as the disk is running at zero capacity. Why has this happened? Who has consumed my disk storage? I tried deleting some apps and thus released some storage. But that didn't last too long before the disk warning pops up on the screen again. Soon I'll have all my apps deleted, and you bet the disk storage problem is still there. Any opinions?

OP
D

dabuglam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is driving me nuts lately with message saying my disk capacity has dropped to zero. I erased a number of apps on iPad and the released storage can only last for a very short while before the message appears again. In the interim, all I did was surf the web, run a few apps and not creating anything significant, not the least adding new apps.

Who is stealing my storage?

Reaction score
Do you have anything like Dropbox storing favorites and/photos internally? How many email with attachments do you have?
When is the last time you powered off your Ipad? Not sleep but power off. That might help
Maybe a sync with iTunes may help?

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Show us a picture of the memory from your iTunes. That may help.

OP
D

dabuglam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hard reboot doesn't work either, but thanks. I'll check and see however what it looks like on itune when I got the chance.

BTW anyone knows how to remove photos and videos on ipad? Inside the PHOTO apps on my iPad I can see delete button showing but it is only there for decoration. It does not work. Do I need to do a sync again just to remove a couple of shots.? Any ideas....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Photos synced in iTunes must be un-synced in iTunes.

Photos that you save from an app, take with the camera, or import can be deleted. Open the relevant album, tap the share icon at the top right, tap on each picture you want to delete (check mark appears on picture), then tap the now active Delete button.

Alternately, when viewing a picture tap in the middle of the screen to see the controls. If it can be deleted a trash can icon will appear at the top right of the screen.

OP
D

dabuglam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would've thought removing a photo directly from iPad is much easier. Like removing an app. To perform a sync on iTunes is currently not an option...my computer is sick!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That is a problem. I don't know of any way to remove synced photos from the iPad except with iTunes. And every method I can find online either needs a computer.

I'm afraid you will either have to fix your sick computer or switch to another one.

anggasaleh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dabuglam said:
Over the past two weeks of usage, I performed usual tasks of surfing Internet, played a few apps games, played music through apps. I hardly added any new apps (no more than 20 MB each) during this period. All these, however, have costed me in excess of 500MB in disk storage. Now the bell is ringing, asking me to delete some photos and videos as the disk is running at zero capacity. Why has this happened? Who has consumed my disk storage? I tried deleting some apps and thus released some storage. But that didn't last too long before the disk warning pops up on the screen again. Soon I'll have all my apps deleted, and you bet the disk storage problem is still there. Any opinions?

Guys, i also have exactly the same proble like dabuglam. Does anyone have an answer for solving this problem...i kind of desperate with this. I already try sync with itune frequently as other suggest but no help. Im buying xsysinfo apps for refreshing free memory but stil no luck. For further information i have 50 songs, 74 photos, no video, 52 apps mostly stadard app with not more than 20mb per apps, 7 games and i assume only need for speed that consume about 200mb. Please help if some one can solving this problem. Do you think updating to 4.3.5 will help solving this problem? Curently im using ios 4.3.3 16gb wifi ipad2. Lookingforward for your help guys.

Most reactions

Latest posts