What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disconnected iPad now Wifi Sync Not Working

Ramdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I accidentally disconnected my iPad while connected via wireless sync and cannot get it reconnected, I have tried the following and still cannot get iTunes to see the iPad.

1. Rebooted your iPhad and restarted iTunes
  2. Plugged your iPad into computer
  3. Sync from iTunes
  4. Uncheck "Sync with this iPad over Wi-Fi"
  5. Sync from iTunes
  6. Quit iTunes
  7. Open iTunes
  8. Sync from iTunes
  9. Check "Sync with this iPad over Wi-Fi"
  10. Sync from iTunes
  11. Unplugged iPad (it does not remain in the iTunes sidebar connected Wi-Fi)
I am running Windows 7 64bit. and have checked my router and firewall and they seem to be opened correctly. It was working at one time. Any suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you tried restarting or reseting the iPad?

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
R

Ramdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I forgot to mention that I have attempted both a restart and a reset without success. do you think that wiping the device and starting again from scratch will get me anywhere? BTW I was able to do a cloud sync yesterday not that it is related.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm still having sync problems even though I have an iCloud backup and the wi-fi sync works. It has just informed me that I need to restore it again for the 5th time. So that's what I'm doing again! If you've backed up your purchases etc... Restore should be fine.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

OP
R

Ramdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am thinking that if I wipe the iPad and start again perhaps the wifi sync will again begin working, or am I simply going through an exercise where I am actually restoring the bad settings that want to eliminate. uggh.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I really don't know. Sounds like you've done what you can for the iPad.

You may want to try deinstalling and reinstalling iTunes, and/or iTunes helper (if you are using Windows).

Most reactions

Latest posts