Disappointing for Photographers

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by Knuck, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Knuck

Knuck
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I was really hoping the iPad Pro would be suitable for professional photographers on the go. Unfortunately, so far it has proven to be extremely inadequate. Not only are the available apps lacking including Adobe's mobile apps, but downloads using the new lightning to SD camera card is painfully slow.

Hopefully I am doing something wrong but not only can I not access and edit raw images but the download of these images is taking over 2 hours where it only takes about 4 minutes on computer.

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The iPad doesn't show RAW files, and you can't edit them:
    Using RAW images with iPhoto for iOS - Apple Support

Importing the images to your iPad shouldn't take hours. When I import my photos taken with my DSLR, it needs a few minutes, if there are a lot of them (JPEG and RAW).

There's a Lightroom app, afaik, but, like many apps, it's features are limited.

3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Do you have the brand new version of Apple's Lightning to SD card reader? Only the newest one supports USB 3 speeds, and it's only been avialable for a few days?

Just curious.

Which Adobe mobile apps are misssing? Anything that works with the older iPads should work with the iPad Pro, though they won't look as nice or take advantage of the extra screen space if not optimized.

Last I heard Adobe was commited to supporting the iPad Pro, so the few apps that are not yet available should be soon. Hold in mind Adobe's stratagy for iOS is a lot of specialized apps, rather than mobile versions of their full desktop apps.

They expect your iPad to be a tool in combination with your desktop, rather than a full featured workflow. Though from what I've seen/read (so far) amatures and semi-pros could probably use the just iPad Pro if they really wanted to. Probably not 'just' with the Adobe apps though. Lots of other great apps to play with.

4. dupont2005

dupont2005
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Which one is this?

5. Knuck

Knuck
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:

#5 Knuck, Dec 10, 2015