What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disappering Apps

InHisName

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed a lot of apps since I got my ipad, three have disappeared and the updates came but the button was grayed out. I have hunted thru all 11 menus, but cannot find them. I think I need the icon to uninstall, so how to fix this dilemma ?

Sent from my iPad using iPF, still lots room left in 64GB

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I installed a lot of apps since I got my ipad, three have disappeared and the updates came but the button was grayed out. I have hunted thru all 11 menus, but cannot find them. I think I need the icon to uninstall, so how to fix this dilemma ?

Are they still in Setting - General - Usage - Storage? There you should be able to delete them.
Then you reinstall the apps in App Store - Purchased.

Last edited:
OP
InHisName

InHisName

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found it. After setting delete app setting back on, I could delete. Now in App Store I searched xfinity, 12apps found, 11with active buttons and one "xfinity player" free is grayed out. I deleted I but cannot install it. What now ? Not super important, frustrating that I'm stopped from installing / updating a few apps.

Another one is a comics player, with 129mb data that would disappear. I don't want that to happen. Is there a way put back a missing icon so I don't lose al that data?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I found it. After setting delete app setting back on, I could delete. Now in App Store I searched xfinity, 12apps found, 11with active buttons and one "xfinity player" free is grayed out. I deleted I but cannot install it. What now ? Not super important, frustrating that I'm stopped from installing / updating a few apps.

Another one is a comics player, with 129mb data that would disappear. I don't want that to happen. Is there a way put back a missing icon so I don't lose al that data?

When you wrote about 11 menus, did you mean your home screens? And if it is so: are they all filled up with no place left?

OP
InHisName

InHisName

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, home screens. But, thanks to 'folders', they're not full, yet. Two to three hundred icons to look at.

OP
InHisName

InHisName

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used 12 & 11 numbers to refer to app search in App Store. I found 12 items, but only 11 had active buttons. I saw the app I removed there but 'free' button grayed out. Cannot reinstall.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I used 12 & 11 numbers to refer to app search in App Store. I found 12 items, but only 11 had active buttons. I saw the app I removed there but 'free' button grayed out. Cannot reinstall.

Try restarting your iPad. If that doesn't help, sign out in the App Store, restart and sign in again.

Most reactions