What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

disappearing mail

gid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mail arrives in my MobileMe inbox and instantly disappears. I have same mail account on my MAC. It does not disappear from there. What could be the cause and remedy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say it arrives in the InBox, do you have MobileMe set up to transfer your mail to other mail folders?

Have you had a look in the other mail folders?

Tim

MrMartin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mail arrives in my MobileMe inbox and instantly disappears. I have same mail account on my MAC. It does not disappear from there. What could be the cause and remedy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you resolved your problem? I am also experiencing disappearing mail. Twice in the last week. Two entire threads of mail disappeared. One included an outhgoing question from me and a reply from a friend, the other an incoming, a reply by me, and a response from the original sender. All five messages gone; not it trash, not in sent, junk...nowhere. Can't find them on iPad, PowerBook or MobileMe website. Running OS 10.7.1.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're using POP most apps allow the original mail to be removed from the server after it's been uploaded. But if this is a new or intermittent problem then, I guess, this couldn't be the problem.

Tim

OP
G

gid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am great full for all the replies and want to thank you all for responding so quickly. Having said that I now have to think over these replies and digest their implications. I will be back to you all with comments in a while and it can be days. It is 10:40!pm here and I'm off to bed,

Most reactions